It's been some time since I posted an update regarding my 221B Baker Street project. The following is essentially a cut 'n' paste from the UAMHQ forum. Hope you enjoy!
EDIT - if you want to view my previous updates, just search using the term '221B'.
All things going to plan, this will be the penultimate update.
Over the past few months the project has progressed very well.
(sorry - the following is pic heavy!)
First up – Holmes and Watson are now part of the furniture (so to speak). I changed the vintage figures from flocked grippers to flocked hard-handers, for two reasons. Firstly, the hard hands should last a lot longer than vintage grippers (which are obviously prone to darkening and hardening) and secondly I think they are more suited to the vintage feel of the layout. I've never been a big fan of hard-handers, but I think they work well in this case.
I finally got around to finishing off the pelmets above the two windows. Constructed them from wood, then painted, etc.