Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 17 12 ... LastLast

Thread: all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

lots of coolness at end of thread...big update....take a look...
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 03-16-2017 at 19:25.

Re: transferring older hasbro star wars to new bodies....??

I've done this tons of time. Normally, the clothing transplants pretty well, although some of the helmets are a bit oversized. I normally replace the boots and gloves, as these also tend to be oversized but easy to replace.

Here is a Hasbro Obi-Wan's clothing on a Dragon Neo3 body:

Ultimate Villain Jango Fett / VTC Boba Fett uniforms and helmets on BBi and Dragon bodies:

Mace Windu Jedi robes on Dragon body:

Imperial Officer Uniform on Dragon body:

Endor Han Solo on Sideshow body:

VTC Stormtrooper on Dragon body:

I hope this helps! I love getting the old hasbro figures for cheap and "upgrading" them. I think many of the pieces/uniforms hold up to today's standards with some minor modifications.

Post pics when you make your figures!
    The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
    Is the terrible AT-AT Walking Machine.
    It's as big as a house on walking legs,
    And whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

These are some of mine.

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: transferring older Hasbro star wars to new bodies....??

Here's a Smuggler Han Solo made with Hasbro clothes and Sideshow body etc..Just knocked him out now as I need him for a dio with Greedo.

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Hasbro Star Wars are shorter than most other 1:6 stuff. You might see a problem in the torso size, and almost definately in the pants.

The bonus with the pants being short is that most characters have tall boots, so you will never see how short the pants are if you tuck them into the boots.

Most of mine only need slight mods, but I have only tried 3 figures, and none are fully finished yet (I'm lazy, and pre-occupied).

You'll have some modding to do to fit the heads onto new bodies, if you want that. Some of the Hasbro heads are huge, so huge, that if you cut away the neck you can make helmets from them.

As some of the customs here show, which incidentally are very nice!

They don't look half bad, wish I'd got the Hasbro stuff now!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by hotmitts View Post
    You'll have some modding to do to fit the heads onto new bodies, if you want that. Some of the Hasbro heads are huge, so huge, that if you cut away the neck you can make helmets from them.

As some of the customs here show, which incidentally are very nice!
    I actually used TOMY helmets as they're more to scale and far better quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    They don't look half bad, wish I'd got the Hasbro stuff now!

CHEERS!
    To be honest, all you can really use for a decent result is the clothes and armour from the Hasbro figures, the rest usually needs to be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    I actually used TOMY helmets as they're more to scale and far better quality..
    shovelchop, are those TOMY helmets hollow or do you have to hollow them out yourself?

now i just need to get some cheap hasbro figures..lol....and ive seen those tomy helmets...only one up on ebay right now is boba, would love to get it....

Quote Originally Posted by hotmitts View Post
    shovelchop, are those TOMY helmets hollow or do you have to hollow them out yourself?
    They're all different, the Biker Scout one I just had to cut down the back of the donner HS, The Tie Pilot one took ages to carve out with a Dremel (very hard plastic!), I only used the top half of the Imperial Gunner's and made the bottom part out of leather.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderrogue View Post
    now i just need to get some cheap hasbro figures..lol....and ive seen those tomy helmets...only one up on ebay right now is boba, would love to get it....
    Really? I didn't think they made a Boba Fett one! I'll attach some links for the others for you.

so i think that im gonna get a tie fighter pilot and redo him....im trying to start cheap, just in case..lol..and if it turns out ok, i'll buy more....ive got my eye on the emporers royal guard set....id love to get a boba and a biker scout too..but they are the more expensive figures....sigh....lol...thanks for all the help guys..appreciate it...

Most of my Hasbro Star Wars figures are on G.I.Joe, 21st Century Toys or Dragon bodies depending on the hight/weight required. The only figure still on an original body is my talking Darth Vader (w/removable helmet) Most all of the heads have been shrunk using acetone and in the process of being repainted. I have a Hasbro Greedo that I want to shrink - but I just don't know how the soft plastic mohawk that is on his head will hold up to the acetone.

i have that vader too..got him in an auction years ago for about 10 bucks...MIB too...

if i get the tie fighter pilot...what kind of work needs to be done? should i use the head for a helmet for another head? i have some new boots coming that would work great for him...what about gloves? i dont like the ones on the figure....lol...ideas?
    Both the Tie Fighter Pilot and the AT-AT Pilot helmets are a little big - some say that they look cartoonish, but if you look at the still pictures on the side of the boxes from the movies that they were in, the uniforms from the movies looked cartoonish !!! and the gloves look almost right from the movie still pictures. Just my $.02 worth - which is not worth much !!!

if i get the tie fighter pilot...what kind of work needs to be done? should i use the head for a helmet for another head? i have some new boots coming that would work great for him...what about gloves? i dont like the ones on the figure....lol...ideas?
    I doubt you'll be able to find the TOMY Tie helmet as it's very rare, so if you can't, cut off the neck of the Hasbro helmet/head and put it over a DID, SSC etc.. head and use as a removable helmet. As for gloves, the Mattel Ghost Busters ones are nice, they have them loose at Toy Anxiety.

i actually had the old screamin vinyl kit from about 15 years ago..wish i still did...dang....and youre killing me..stop showing me all the cool options...now i dont know what to do..lol
    He he! Going to the pub now anyway!

The Tomy/Gentle Giant Mini Helmets are a bit on the small side, but if you do some creative trimming with a Dremel to the insides of the helmets, you can get a head inside them. Thins out the walls of the helmets. A lot of people that use them just mod the figures' head and lop off the ears so the head will fit inside. And pick a smaller head sculpt, like some Hot Toys, Dragon and Soldier Story. Some of those sculpts are a bit smaller than normal, so less mods would be needed.

Hasbro, and Marmit both did TIE Pilots. Same for the AT-AT drivers. Between the Marmit, Hasbro, and Tomy TIE pilot helmets, the size difference is startling. Very obvious size differences. Chose your donor body to fit the gear. Even in the movies, the TIE Pilot helmets looked like huge buckets, and the pilot's were shorter too. Helps that Prowse is way taller than a lot of people too, so the comic looks of the TIE pilots are exagerated.

There are a few different Boba Fett versions out there from Hasbro. I know of 4. There are 2 versions of the Original Trilogy version, one with grey uniform, and another with blue. There was one released in the mid 90's in the black bloxes. And there was another released in between the Black boxed, and OT versions. Then there is the original early 80's version, but those are expensive, even banged up.

Medicom has a couple versions, of both Jango, and Boba. A new one just released of each one too. And those look awesome.

The Marmit figures are great as collectibles, I really wish I had a couple but they are undersized over priced and not as great nowadays; if you only can afford one good version of SW build your own using the best parts. I'll talk you through it if you get stuck.

just picked up an at at driver and imp. office for really cheap....will do those too now...lol

not really a complete bash..but i did add the ST belt...and actually got the SSC belt finally for him as well..need new pics..

mace windu done finally....
    and my take on Vader's 501st Clone (and im actually redoing him into Comm. Appo)

Last edited by spiderrogue; 10-13-2012 at 20:08.

finally took pics of my shock trooper...i wanted to actually buy this figure, but he's out of my price range..so i made my own...lol..anywho..

Last edited by spiderrogue; 10-13-2012 at 20:08.

he looks great, I think I might have padded him up a bit, he looks kind of skinny.

Yeah , pad him out and he'll look great.

Check out the Tie fighter pilot forum for accurate markings on the helmet if you like, sometimes it's nice to personalise your figure into a character. Looking good!

delete
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 12-03-2011 at 20:36.

redid him a bit..new body, gloves, etc..

oh ps..im looking for clone trooper parts(hasbro or other) and now for boba fett's blaster or jet pack...anyone got any for cheap? lmk
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 01-20-2012 at 06:50.

Using Hasbro stuff is a great way of putting together a Star Wars 1/6 collection without breaking the bank .

Apart from the Vader and Stormtroopers at the rear , these were all made utilising Hasbro gear . ( No they're not , the AT AT Driver is a Marmit outfit and the TIE Fighter pilots helmet is a Marmit , but you get the idea !).
    Peace Through Superior Firepower