One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

79K views 502 replies 70 participants last post by  spiderrogue 
#1 · (Edited)
lots of coolness at end of thread...big update....take a look...

#127 ·
Re: star wars "body swaps" wips...let's see yours too...update 2/23

I that red "pad" detachable? My first thought was that you could create a fabric cuff that hook over his thumb and attach underneath the red thing and extend upward beneath the armour. You wouldn't lose any articulation and you'd keep him from flashing too much skin.

#131 ·

Hey Guys, here's some SW bashes I did from my thread. They were all the Hasbro 12" figures that I reworked on new bodies. I did all of these back in 2004 before we had the better choices from Sideshow or Medicom.

#132 ·

I'm actually planning to use Dengar's backpack on my clone -- not sure if you have one of those lying around, but it could work. You could also probably make one fairly easily out of an old cell phone hardcase (or a new one for that matter -- I think they're only $8-10 these days). Might even find one at a second hand store.

#133 ·

Great work there mate so much great stuff on here.

So I'm putting a number of my figure up for sale and first up is Dengar I have put it on the sale page so if there is any one interested take a look.

#134 · (Edited)

man, only if you lived in the US....sigh...i did see a ton of clothing sets on ebay last night for dengar and a few others..but the asking price was 20 bucks and up...just for the cloths..way more then the actual full figure...lol..ummmm....no thanks..lol...hope those arent anyone's here..if so...opps....

anyone have a pic of darth maul that shows how his cloths go on? i just got a set for him and am confused..lol..too many things to put on...any help would be appreciated...

ones that i got to redo today..
darth maul...gonna have to find new boots/gloves and head...on hold...
luke in tatoonie outfit...got a body coming from toy anxiety...smoochies!!
got a darth vader coming and parts for my boba...and kick butt decals for my clone legion...

updated my actual finished bashes..
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...eux-update-2-29-emperor-more.html#post1817643

#135 ·

When you put the head in Acetone it does get bigger --at first -- and then as it dries it shrinks and gets hard. How long did you leave the Tarkin head in the Acetone? I wonder if it was long enough, because there is still paint on the head and if you left it in for any length of time all the paint should have come off.

#138 ·

I had the same problem with a Tarkin head . It swelled up and then proceeded to disintegrate . I ended up using a resin cast . P.m me for details .
I think that you left the head the Acetone for way too long - you have to shrink the items in stages, just shrunk a pair of BBI boots and had to shrink them three times, same went for my Tarkin head (shrunk three times).

This post has been deleted
#139 ·

how do the boots turn out? got a pic? im curious about that....http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/spiderrogue/DSC01382.jpg[/IMG]
I will be happy to post some pictures but right now I'm on a getaway weekend with my girlfriend and she would kill me if she knew that I was looking at OSW while she was in the bathtub :knock I have shrunk three different set of BBI boots and was pleased with the results so far, although one pair is a little stetchy (used on my D-Day paratrooper so they are mostly covered)I will post pictures in a couple of days. I would like to see how a pair of hasbro Star Wars gloves would turn out. :popcorn

#141 ·
Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours too...update 3/2

Do you mean the "Electronic " one ? If so , as long as you have a good ( big ) base body you should be able to put together a respectable figure . Although not in the Sideshow class , some of the outfit parts are pretty good and the helmet , though a little "out of scale" has some nice detail and features . I had one a number of years ago , which I was going to re-work using a "Marvel Studios" body , but I never got around to it . Unfortunately , if it's the "regular" ( first release ) version , you've got your work cut out for you !

#142 ·
Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours to...update 3/9

The Sideshow Clones are built up on a specially designed super-slim body and you will have serious trouble trying to fit the crotch/waist armour on another type of body . I tried heating a set in ( very ) hot water to fit a BBi figure and you CAN get it to fit , but it's a tricky job , as heating the armour can also shrink it , which will definately cause problems ! Is it a BBi you're using ? ( I ask because the leg armour seems to fit quite well ) . Even if you get it to fit , it'll be VERY tight and may cause trouble with the undersuit . The Sideshow body was specifically designed with this in mind .

#143 ·

oh i was talking about the SSC stormtrooper gear...i hadnt had so much issues with the clone stuff...well, the forearm armor is a bit tricky..some sanding down of the body and they go on...but the ST waist armor is a pain in the butt...ive even sanded down a body to where it had holes in the chest/waist....and it still wont fit..im gonna have to break down and buy some bodies..sigh...

#146 ·

oh i was talking about the SSC stormtrooper gear...i hadnt had so much issues with the clone stuff...well, the forearm armor is a bit tricky..some sanding down of the body and they go on...but the ST waist armor is a pain in the butt...ive even sanded down a body to where it had holes in the chest/waist....and it still wont fit..im gonna have to break down and buy some bodies..sigh...
Sorry mate , was looking at your pics rather than reading the text ! :doh

#144 ·

Yeah, Sideshow has a special body they call their "armoured figure." I guess if they used the Buck or Prometheus, then added armour, the troopers would all look fat :applause

Here's a comparison from Sideshow:

#149 ·

i have one of those buck bodies..but i dont think that its sideshow....
The Art S. Buck is definitely Sideshow. It was the main body they used for pretty much everything up until about two years ago. Both the Frankenstein's Monster I bought way back, right up to the X-Files figures and my Endor Pathfinder are on the Buck body.

#150 ·

The Sideshow armoured body is available from the likes of "Toy Anxiety ", but make sure ( if possible) that it's from a later clone , as the earlier ones suffered from very loose joints . It seems Sideshow took a while to get it right ! The Art .S Buck , though a revolutionary design 10 years ago , outlived it's welcome and suffered it's own share of design and quality control problems .

#151 ·

I actually kind of like the Art S Buck body. I have a few that I've bought on the cheap and use them for things like my Sith Lord and my in-progress clone trooper -- figures where I'm never going to see the body itself anyway. The only real problem I have with them is that sometimes the spring in the neck joint can be a little wonky.

#152 ·

I've no problem with the Buck when it works properly ! Unfortunately , a number of my Sideshow Star Wars figures suffer from loose and frozen joints, dodgy necks etc . I was a staunch defender of the body type on forums for ages , until bad experiences forced me to agree that the body type had seen it's day . But , I've used them for many bashes and like I say , if you get a good one , they're a good solid body .

#153 ·

I finally set aside some time today to work on my Hoth rebel trooper and he's about 90% done. I realized after taking these photos that I hadn't done any weathering of the goggles yet, so that still needs to be done. I'm also not done with the boots yet, and I want to add some dirt to the pants as well.

All clothing and gear, with the exception of the gloves, is Hasbro. Gloves and the bendy hands inside them are Soldier Story. Body and head are John Doggett from the Sideshow X-Files line.

Close-up of helmet and gun:

I enlisted my mother's help on this one :) As you all know, the Hasbro sleeves tend to be really short. Thankfully, with the cuffs on this jacket, if you pull the stitches up to the elbow, you can re-fold the cuffs at half their length and then re-stitch the sleeve (or, if you have no experience with a sewing machine, you can go to your mother's house for lunch :nanana ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.