Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast

Thread: all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours to...update 3/9

I actually kind of like the Art S Buck body. I have a few that I've bought on the cheap and use them for things like my Sith Lord and my in-progress clone trooper -- figures where I'm never going to see the body itself anyway. The only real problem I have with them is that sometimes the spring in the neck joint can be a little wonky.

I've no problem with the Buck when it works properly ! Unfortunately , a number of my Sideshow Star Wars figures suffer from loose and frozen joints, dodgy necks etc . I was a staunch defender of the body type on forums for ages , until bad experiences forced me to agree that the body type had seen it's day . But , I've used them for many bashes and like I say , if you get a good one , they're a good solid body .
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

I finally set aside some time today to work on my Hoth rebel trooper and he's about 90% done. I realized after taking these photos that I hadn't done any weathering of the goggles yet, so that still needs to be done. I'm also not done with the boots yet, and I want to add some dirt to the pants as well.

All clothing and gear, with the exception of the gloves, is Hasbro. Gloves and the bendy hands inside them are Soldier Story. Body and head are John Doggett from the Sideshow X-Files line.

Close-up of helmet and gun:

I enlisted my mother's help on this one As you all know, the Hasbro sleeves tend to be really short. Thankfully, with the cuffs on this jacket, if you pull the stitches up to the elbow, you can re-fold the cuffs at half their length and then re-stitch the sleeve (or, if you have no experience with a sewing machine, you can go to your mother's house for lunch ).

hey wow..he looks really awesome....id love to get one and redo him...ive got a hat so far...

i finished up my at-at driver...
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...-11-pilot.html
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 03-11-2012 at 18:22.

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours...update 3/11

That's a great custom, now you just need to make a 1/6 AT-AT

lol..can you imagine how big that would be? my wife might divorce me over that..lol
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 03-21-2012 at 19:38.

Looks great !
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Okay, my clone trooper -- affectionately nicknamed "Nyx" -- is nearing completion. I still have to weather the armour a little more with a light wash and probably add some mud/mud splatters on the boots. I also haven't decided if the chest rig is going to be a permanent part of the figure. If it is, I'll be weathering it as well.

And then he takes of his helmet and... wait, what...?

Armour bits are all Hasbro, cut up, repainted and re-sized to fit a Sideshow "Buck" body. I built my own neck joint to fit the Headplay Angie sculpt onto the Buck body. Gloves are repainted and modified from one of the Sideshow GI Joes. Shoulder cape is from Hot Toys Ezio (Assassin's Creed) and I have no idea who made the chest rig -- I got it loose from Black Ops. Gun is a repaint of one of the ones that comes with the Hasbro IG-88.

I'm not really happy with the helmet, so I'm going to try re-casting one of my Sideshow Phase II helmets and use that.

ohh..sweet surprise under the helmet..who would have guessed...very cool...

Guess I better show off some of my "Wars" customs. Most are finished,and involve a bit of swapping...

the Sith Lords;Vader is a complete re-build, with a re-worked talking Hasbro body(shoulders modded to allow for a better range of movement,waist articulated,re-sculpted head)custom suit,Kaiyodo and custom armor,custom cape and robe(my wife sews);you name it, I probably re-worked it...
    Maul:Custom re-sculpt using SST David St. Hubbins HS as a base,Proctor Enterprises body(may swap),Hasbro costume with replacement gloves and boots,custom saber.
    Dooku:Hasbro HS and costume,modded SST buck body(taller).
    Palpatine: Slightly reworked Hasbro;no longer in my possesion(ought to replace him someday...)

A closer look at Maul(love that "rock star"scowl!)
    ]
    Revealed;had to lose the eyebrows and "gentle"smile.

My most recent finishes;Bossk is a total kit bash,using my own custom re-worked GG head, arms and blaster,custom feet on a modded Buck,Re-tailored Hasbro suit with custom and bashed detailing.
    Tarkin is my custom HS on a slightly modded SST Adm. Piet.
    Vader is again my custom,on whom I could write a book!

Bossk, close-up...

The Grand Moff...

Finally, the Princess. She's on a Phicen small busted body, with heavily modded Hasbro costume pieces,custom skirts and a re-sculpted(and unfinished)GG head.
    Supporting these are a full set of Marmits plus a select group of SST figures and 1 slightly modified Hasbro scout trooper...PS
    Last edited by wax murderer; 03-21-2012 at 10:58.

Hi Folks
    your customs are realy amacing!
    i make too some customs: a Snowscout and Oola!
    Picttures from my Snowscout:
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...snowscout.html
    From my Oola:
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...la-custom.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017-snowscoutoola01-jpg  
    Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Swizerland and speek swiss-german...

Very well done Torsis--love that Oola! More like Ooo la la! lol.

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours...update 3/23

Little bit more work on my female clone commando. I decided I liked her better without the chest rig, so that's gone back into my parts bin for now.

i like her, but think that you need to put some kind of chest thing on her, maybe not the same one..but something more fitting to the SW universe? or a black one?

so ive got an admiral ackbar, lando(reg) and xwing luke suits/bodies coming...
    and now i got a jedi luke body coming...so that is gonna be cool.
    its gonna be a fun weekend...sweet...

so anyone ever do a mace windu or ackbar or lando bash? would love to see them.
    does anyone have a mace windu head from hasbro? if so, how does it look? ive been looking on ebay and the eps. 1 windu looks wrong, but the eps. 2 one looks a bit better...anyone know? just wondering...

I saw a MAce Windu at a toy show two weeks ago and the head looked awful. Way oversized and not even remotely like SLJ.

I have an Ackbar but haven't don anything with him yet. I'm actually leaning toward putting him in a jedi outfit and have be another custom character. Maybe a bit of a repaint to give his skin a different look.

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours...update 3/30 BOBA!!

Wow - nice weathering on that BF!!

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours...update 4/16..new luke

anything new wips from anyone? im redoing a few things and should have pics up soon...

I replaced the Product Enterprises body on my Maul custom with a TT, and did a little touch-up painting. I'll post pix soon...PS

As promised, my latest bit of"surgery"...

The old with the new;the PE body is noticeably inferior to the TT.Still, it was what I had at the time...

The chest tat's,done by hand.Barely visible most of the time, but it turned out well, and I know they're there...

This was a David St. Hubbins head!Love that rock-star scowl!

More poseable, and better balanced than the PE...
    His uprated weapon;only the end pieces are Hasbro-the main portion I turned on a lathe(sturdier than the floppy Hasbro piece).
    About the only thing he needs now are more accurate gloves, as the rest of the outfit is surprisingly good;guess even Hasbro can get something right(occasionally)...PS

are those hasbro cloths? i have a set..just dont have the head yet...id like to get new gloves and boots at some point as well...
    very cool stuff..thanks for posting

Re: the building of a better STAR WARS figure...WIPs..let's see yours...update 5

Great work as always

Re: the building of a better STAR WARS figure...WIPs..let's see yours...update 5

i got parts to do a sandtrooper and another clone..plus a set to do either "Waxer" or "boil"..not sure who i actually got..will have to check things out and see who is who...lol

Re: the building of a better STAR WARS figure...WIPs..let's see yours...update 6

Well you probably know most of my SW WIPs, Making Vader, Jango etc.. here's the very bare bones of some other builds I've started General Calrissian and Lobot, the bottom two pics are of 1/4 projects, I'm also working on a 1/4 C3PO.

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: the building of a better STAR WARS figure...WIPs..let's see yours...update 6

Great work there mate it been so long since I've posted anything

hi guys

this is what I've been working for the last couple days for a member on the SS freaks....

I think this last photo I've really nailed it

What do you think......
    TAKING ON COMMISSIONS PLUS ANY CUSTOM or REPAINTS WORK AS WELL

Re: the cool STAR WARS wip thread..update 6/17

Man Matt!! You got the SW bug bad! Excellent job on all your bashes my Friend! Keep up the good work!
    "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales (1976)

Re: my STAR WARS WIP thread...let's see yours!! TARKIN update 7/6

Hs turned out well but I'd swap out the body, hands and boots when you get a chance.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

oh that was the old hasbro body...that is long gone..i just finally got a new head(ruined mine in acetone..lol)...i plan on redoing him completely..like the others..

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrogue View Post
    oh that was the old hasbro body...that is long gone..i just finally got a new head(ruined mine in acetone..lol)...i plan on redoing him completely..like the others..
    Sorry, missed the tag above the last pic! Nearly finished Lando and Lobot; the Vader shell is almost done too, I'll post pics in a bit.