Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast

Thread: all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

Re: star wars "body swaps" wips...let's see yours too...update 2/23

lol..tarkins suit is the same...didnt do anything..just different lighting i think...its really not that shiny, like in the 1st pic.
    as for paints...i use regular acrylic paints from walmart...usually i put down a base coat of gloss black (model masters from hobby lobby) and then usually go over it with my regular paints...
    for whatever reasons, the black seems to work as a good base coat/primer....dont really know why, but it does..lol

btw ive got some more stormtrooper parts coming(finally got a dang blaster to use for one and for a clone as well..sigh)....got a darth maul get up coming from Getoninja(cant wait)....
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 02-25-2012 at 20:49.

What a great thread! Some fantastic figures on display here. Love the snow trooper! I had wondered about the posibilities of upgrading one of these in the past, looks good

Okay, so next question about paint... what can I use to remove paint from the rubbery Hasbro armour without damaging it? I need to start over on my clone helmet, but having had to apply six coats of paint, I can't very well re-prime and keep layering without it looking like .....

I brushed on a thin coating of paint thinner and it softened the paint enough I was able to peel it all off in strips. Back to the drawing board for the paint job, though, `cause that first idea sure as hell didn't work

And now progress pics for my Snowtrooper!

First up, here's a close-up of the neck joint I built for him out of epoxy sculpt and Bionicle parts.

The body I'm using for him is one of the "Soccer Heroes" guys you used to be able to pick up for $20 on ebay. They had really nice head sculpts, which I'm using on another bash, but I broke the neck joint on this one when removing the head. He'd been sitting in my bin for about a year until enlisting in the Imperial Infantry

Here's a full body shot:

And here's a close-up showing the redone cloth mask and the new gloves, which are a pair of WWII era mittens done up with white fabric paint:

I haven't done anything with his forearm armour yet, but the plan is that since the gloves come to mid-forearm and have elastic cuffs, I'll tuck the sleeves into the gloves and hopefully compensate for the Hasbro Sleeve Effect. Armour will then be attached over glove and sleeve with more white elastic.

The hands are SS bendy hands, which actually work really well inside these gloves.

great start...!! another thing that ive been doing is ripping off all of the velcro from the pouches/pockets, etc and just using some fabric glue to glue them closed..after adding in some padding, of course(to make them look more full)....
    and out of everybody so far, this guy is giving me the most trouble..it's those dang sleeves...lol..may dig up some cloth gloves as well...

i think that we all should pick a character that we havent done yet and do it as a group bash...like the one they have going now..(update the 21c figures to todays standards..or something like that)....what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrogue View Post
    great start...!! another thing that ive been doing is ripping off all of the velcro from the pouches/pockets, etc and just using some fabric glue to glue them closed..after adding in some padding, of course(to make them look more full)....
    and out of everybody so far, this guy is giving me the most trouble..it's those dang sleeves...lol..may dig up some cloth gloves as well...
    Ah, good idea. I've been stuffing the pouches of my military figs with bits of paper towel all along -- not sure why I didn't think of it for this guy!

I know Black Ops Toys has a few styles of longer cloth gloves right now. Or you could just make some cuffs and attach them to the hands you're currently using.

I that red "pad" detachable? My first thought was that you could create a fabric cuff that hook over his thumb and attach underneath the red thing and extend upward beneath the armour. You wouldn't lose any articulation and you'd keep him from flashing too much skin.

yes it is, actually...

amazng stuff, guys.

And you guys should check out the "Show your STAR WARS bashes!" thread,
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...rs-bashes.html

i need to come up with an idea for a backpack on one of my clones..any idea or thoughts about what would look like? i did a search and the ones that they use in the 'toon are kind of square and not too detailed..would it look weird if i used a more normal looking one?

Hey Guys, here's some SW bashes I did from my thread. They were all the Hasbro 12" figures that I reworked on new bodies. I did all of these back in 2004 before we had the better choices from Sideshow or Medicom.

I'm actually planning to use Dengar's backpack on my clone -- not sure if you have one of those lying around, but it could work. You could also probably make one fairly easily out of an old cell phone hardcase (or a new one for that matter -- I think they're only $8-10 these days). Might even find one at a second hand store.

Great work there mate so much great stuff on here.

So I'm putting a number of my figure up for sale and first up is Dengar I have put it on the sale page so if there is any one interested take a look.

man, only if you lived in the US....sigh...i did see a ton of clothing sets on ebay last night for dengar and a few others..but the asking price was 20 bucks and up...just for the cloths..way more then the actual full figure...lol..ummmm....no thanks..lol...hope those arent anyone's here..if so...opps....

anyone have a pic of darth maul that shows how his cloths go on? i just got a set for him and am confused..lol..too many things to put on...any help would be appreciated...

ones that i got to redo today..
    darth maul...gonna have to find new boots/gloves and head...on hold...
    luke in tatoonie outfit...got a body coming from toy anxiety...smoochies!!
    got a darth vader coming and parts for my boba...and kick butt decals for my clone legion...

updated my actual finished bashes..
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ml#post1817643
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 02-29-2012 at 21:08.

When you put the head in Acetone it does get bigger --at first -- and then as it dries it shrinks and gets hard. How long did you leave the Tarkin head in the Acetone? I wonder if it was long enough, because there is still paint on the head and if you left it in for any length of time all the paint should have come off.

yea, i dont think i left it in long enough, im gonna try again and see what happens..lol

the acetone worked perfectly on my clone's helmet...so im not sure what happened with tarkin..lol
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 03-03-2012 at 14:51.

I had the same problem with a Tarkin head . It swelled up and then proceeded to disintegrate . I ended up using a resin cast . P.m me for details .
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
    I had the same problem with a Tarkin head . It swelled up and then proceeded to disintegrate . I ended up using a resin cast . P.m me for details .
    I think that you left the head the Acetone for way too long - you have to shrink the items in stages, just shrunk a pair of BBI boots and had to shrink them three times, same went for my Tarkin head (shrunk three times).

how do the boots turn out? got a pic? im curious about that....
    I will be happy to post some pictures but right now I'm on a getaway weekend with my girlfriend and she would kill me if she knew that I was looking at OSW while she was in the bathtub I have shrunk three different set of BBI boots and was pleased with the results so far, although one pair is a little stetchy (used on my D-Day paratrooper so they are mostly covered)I will post pictures in a couple of days. I would like to see how a pair of hasbro Star Wars gloves would turn out.

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours too...update 3/2

anyone do a Vader out of hasbro parts? i'd like to see some close ups if possible..just got one in the mail with a trade and would love to see what's been done with others...

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours too...update 3/2

Do you mean the "Electronic " one ? If so , as long as you have a good ( big ) base body you should be able to put together a respectable figure . Although not in the Sideshow class , some of the outfit parts are pretty good and the helmet , though a little "out of scale" has some nice detail and features . I had one a number of years ago , which I was going to re-work using a "Marvel Studios" body , but I never got around to it . Unfortunately , if it's the "regular" ( first release ) version , you've got your work cut out for you !

Re: star wars "body swap" WIPS...let's see yours to...update 3/9

The Sideshow Clones are built up on a specially designed super-slim body and you will have serious trouble trying to fit the crotch/waist armour on another type of body . I tried heating a set in ( very ) hot water to fit a BBi figure and you CAN get it to fit , but it's a tricky job , as heating the armour can also shrink it , which will definately cause problems ! Is it a BBi you're using ? ( I ask because the leg armour seems to fit quite well ) . Even if you get it to fit , it'll be VERY tight and may cause trouble with the undersuit . The Sideshow body was specifically designed with this in mind .

oh i was talking about the SSC stormtrooper gear...i hadnt had so much issues with the clone stuff...well, the forearm armor is a bit tricky..some sanding down of the body and they go on...but the ST waist armor is a pain in the butt...ive even sanded down a body to where it had holes in the chest/waist....and it still wont fit..im gonna have to break down and buy some bodies..sigh...

Yeah, Sideshow has a special body they call their "armoured figure." I guess if they used the Buck or Prometheus, then added armour, the troopers would all look fat

Here's a comparison from Sideshow:

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...

Why are they so invested in such tiny, fragile wrist-pegs?

oh i was talking about the SSC stormtrooper gear...i hadnt had so much issues with the clone stuff...well, the forearm armor is a bit tricky..some sanding down of the body and they go on...but the ST waist armor is a pain in the butt...ive even sanded down a body to where it had holes in the chest/waist....and it still wont fit..im gonna have to break down and buy some bodies..sigh...
    Sorry mate , was looking at your pics rather than reading the text !

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Why are they so invested in such tiny, fragile wrist-pegs?
    I think the armoured body in the pic was the prototype. I just checked my clone troopers and the wrist and ankle pegs are like the ones shown on the prometheus.

i have one of those buck bodies..but i dont think that its sideshow....

sooo..whos got any extras? i need about 4...lol...let's go....

i have one of those buck bodies..but i dont think that its sideshow....
    The Art S. Buck is definitely Sideshow. It was the main body they used for pretty much everything up until about two years ago. Both the Frankenstein's Monster I bought way back, right up to the X-Files figures and my Endor Pathfinder are on the Buck body.

The Sideshow armoured body is available from the likes of "Toy Anxiety ", but make sure ( if possible) that it's from a later clone , as the earlier ones suffered from very loose joints . It seems Sideshow took a while to get it right ! The Art .S Buck , though a revolutionary design 10 years ago , outlived it's welcome and suffered it's own share of design and quality control problems .