Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast

Thread: all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

Re: my star wars wips...let's see yours too...update 2/8

Glad to see some snowtroopers popping up. I just bought one on ebay and am looking forward to fixing him up

Here's a few shots of my w.i.p Hasbro Battledroid , as I've just continued work on it (him) after a break of a year or so . I've completely rebuilt the shoulders and hips , to accomidate Lego "Bionicle" ball joints . I'll be ading more up to date shots this weekend .

And this is my Hasbro/scratchbuilt/ hybrid Commander Bly figure . These pics are a little out of date now as I've begun to replace some of the armour parts with Sideshow . There's nothing wrong with the Hasbro armour as such , but I'm displaying him with my more recent Sideshow clones and customs and this enables him to "fit in" a little more !

The chest armour and helmet are cast resin pieces I got off ebay .
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

nice stuff...cant go wrong with star wars..lol...and im learning a ton of stuff by looking and seeing your guys' awesome creations...

Re: my star wars wips...let's see yours too...update 2/15

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    Glad to see some snowtroopers popping up. I just bought one on ebay and am looking forward to fixing him up
    the snowtroopers are awesome...cant wait to see what you do...he'll look a ton better when redone...using white elastic for the straps on his armor,etc is a lot better..so you'll need to get some of that...trust me...lol...
    and depending on the shape of the cloth part of his mask, you'll probably want to redo that..cuz mine is crap(falling apart from cheap materials i guess) and really needs to be fixed..lol...

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Re: transferring star wars figs to new bodies..aka my star wars wips...2/1

Quote Originally Posted by clparker04 View Post
    Not sure if I have showed this before on here.

I also made a 1/6 scale the main hold from the MILLENNIUM FALCON I hope you like this STAR WARS FAN'S

this was the start

and this is why is all started I picked this up on ebay for 20 pounds and needed some where to put it so I made the Falcon

I had this on T-shirt as a kid in the late 70's

I hope you have like this

OH MY GOD!! THIS IS TOOO FREAKING COOL!

Re: star wars "body swaps" wips...let's see yours too...update 2/15

Awesome Falcon diorama ! I'm itching to get to work on another diorama after dipping my toe in the water with my "Carbonite" display and a couple of small bases . I've got a stock of ceiling tiles and a HUGE sheet of foamcore , but I'm waiting for inspiration ( as well as the British weather to improve , as I have to work outside !) . I fancy something "Imperial" , such as a briefing room or maybe a Speeder bike hanger/garage ! Or I might go "left-field " and do a scenario from my story "Three Against An Empire " . I'm open to suggestions ( bearing in mind , I'm quite limited in space , maybe 24"x12"x12" ). Come on guys , inspire me !

i just scored the emperor and his royal guard two pack for 24 bucks from a local antique store here in town and the at-at pilot for 15 as well...way cheaper then ebay...sweetttt...

they had grand moff tarkin and admiral ackbar as well..hope they stay around till next payday cuz id like to score Tarkin for sure...

the emperor isnt too bad actually, got a nice HS and you can really only see his hands..although, i just did break his left arm off by accident..opps..lol..
    the royal guard needs something...the hands are actually really good - red gloved, sculpted, but not bad for hasbro. the red suit is way too thick..like he's wearing a blanket or something..need to redo that somehow..the helmet is really good, needs the visor painted black or chrome, cuz you can see the eyes under it and it's a bit creepy..lol...bad thing is, he cant hold his staff in his right hand, it's not made right to hold it..lol..
    the at at driver needs a bit of work..helmet needs to be shrunk down with acetone..new gloves, and im not sure what else to do..ideas?

and how the heck do you get the royal guards helmet off? boil it or try to break it off? cuz it's on there..wooot!!
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 02-16-2012 at 16:56.

Wow what a great buy mate...

I can not wait to see you re-work them

Sounds like you bagged a bargain there .The Emperor just needs his head transplanting to another body ( I used a DML) and re-painting ( if you're that way inclined ). Tarkin is o.k , but his head is seriously melon like ! If you're familiar with the "acetone" method , you could try that on him ( I actually attempted it with mine , with less than successful results ) so I resorted to a resin re-cast , done by a fellow Star Wars basher . I've never actually had a Royal Guard "in hand" but I believe that the removal of the head is a pretty major job . As for the AT-AT driver , I don't think the helmet is that bad . It benefits from a heating in hot water and "squeezing " into a more accurate profile though . This figure is a bit of a dark horse , as the outfit is actually very good and not far below the quality of the ( much lauded and much more expensive) Marmit figure . All it needs , like you say is new gauntlets . I've never had an Ackbar , but I'm sure I decent custom can be acheived with a little work ! Ether way , good score and get back to that store a.s.a.p !

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrogue View Post
    i just scored the emperor and his royal guard two pack for 24 bucks from a local antique store here in town and the at-at pilot for 15 as well...way cheaper then ebay...sweetttt...

they had grand moff tarkin and admiral ackbar as well..hope they stay around till next payday cuz id like to score Tarkin for sure...

the emperor isnt too bad actually, got a nice HS and you can really only see his hands..although, i just did break his left arm off by accident..opps..lol..
    the royal guard needs something...the hands are actually really good - red gloved, sculpted, but not bad for hasbro. the red suit is way too thick..like he's wearing a blanket or something..need to redo that somehow..the helmet is really good, needs the visor painted black or chrome, cuz you can see the eyes under it and it's a bit creepy..lol...bad thing is, he cant hold his staff in his right hand, it's not made right to hold it..lol..
    the at at driver needs a bit of work..helmet needs to be shrunk down with acetone..new gloves, and im not sure what else to do..ideas?

and how the heck do you get the royal guards helmet off? boil it or try to break it off? cuz it's on there..wooot!!
    Wow, nice score! I've been eyeing Ackbar for about a month now at various places, but I've never actually gotten around to buying him -- too many other things on my list. If you pick him up, could you post some pics of him without the uniform?

Strangely enough , the boots are pretty screen accurate , as the 1/1 costume used those funky "moon boots" !

Seeing the Royal Guard's eyes through his helmet is creeping me out

My Snowtrooper arrived today! Very excited. And actually pretty impressed with the figure -- Hasbro definitely gets a bad rap, because this guys is pretty solid quality right out of the box. Anyone have any tips on removing his head? Normally I'd do the boiling water trick, but I don't know if that will damage the fabric mask. Would the hairdryer method soften him up enough?

hot water.....i just pulled the helmet/cloth part off of the head....i may have used hot water but dont remember now..it was pretty easy either way...my mask was already messed up a bit, so it wasnt a real issue with messing it up more...i need to make a new one for him if i can find my fabric...lol..and dont be afraid to show wip pics...would love to see what you do....

hot water.....i just pulled the helmet/cloth part off of the head....i may have used hot water but dont remember now..it was pretty easy either way...my mask was already messed up a bit, so it wasnt a real issue with messing it up more...i need to make a new one for him if i can find my fabric...lol..and dont be afraid to show wip pics...would love to see what you do....
    Thanks for the advice -- will see what happens I'm not sure at this point what I'll be doing to him. I'm pretty pleased with the figure right out of the box, so I may just replace a few joints and use the existing body. If I do, I certainly want to give him a new neck joint so he can do more than just look left or right

The clone trooper I picked up is going to be all cut to pieces, though -- I'll be doing a quasi-commando with it and hollowing out the head so it will fit over an actual head.

the clone helmets are hollow, so it shouldnt be too tough to adapt...i did it with my tie fighter pilot...they do need some padding inside once you have it fit over the head...

Just yank that sucker off ! And get the outfit on a new body . It makes a world of difference , believe me .

me too...better body..whether you pose them or not...the newer body does wonders...

here's some updates..the red body is from the guard...ugh...
    i ended up being able to split the helmet at the seam(without breaking..thank goodness..lol)...repainted the visor to silver...just a nice touch...i've got new red fabric for his new robes as well....

i repainted the emp's face...hard to tell from this pic..i just went over it a bit with some white and yellow and a bit of lighter flesh and some light pink..looks way better in person..lol..
    and my clone's almost done..just need to do the helmet still and a few minor touch ups,..phew...

Looks like you got around the Guards helmet problem ! Those guys are pretty difficult to find in the U.K , but I'd like to get my hands on one . The Emperor's looking good as well , I think it's one of the best Hasbro sculpts .
    ( P.s , I couldn't help but notice , your workstation is nearly as neat as mine !)

Okay, so what's the trick to removing the Hasbro clone trooper's hands?! I soaked the hand/forearm in boiling water for a full minute and the damn things won't budge.

i ended up just breaking mine off since i wasnt gonna use them or the body...just bend n twist them and they should break off of the wrist pegs....it's not the best, but worked for me..cuz they are stubborn...lol...

as for my work area...its usually a bit cleaner(not much), but i had recently moved all of my stuff to the back porch of our house and i've just got stuff piled on top of the table..so it's got way more stuff on it then it would normally..lol...

edit: i did end up cutting off the armor from the lower arms on one of my clones, cuz i didnt want to mess with trying to take the hands off..lol...
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 02-18-2012 at 20:16.

Okay, so what's the trick to removing the Hasbro clone trooper's hands?! I soaked the hand/forearm in boiling water for a full minute and the damn things won't budge.
    I don't see why you're bothering trying to remove the hands .The pegs are more or less impossible to get out in one piece . If you plan on using another (better) body , then cut the armour pieces from the Hasbro hands and glue them to another pair of hands . The Hasbro's really are too large to look convincing if you're upgrading bodies . Saying that , Hasbro hands CAN come in useful ( notice I didn't say "handy" !) , I used the Hasbro Emperor hands on my Bith smuggler .

I wanted to get the hands out in one piece because my 9-year old nephew wants to build a custom of his own, using one of the McFarlane HALO helmets for a head. He's getting the body from th clone trooper as his base, so I wanted to make sure he had some hands, too.

I managed to get them out in one piece -- I just had to soak the hands/forearms for a good two minutes in boiling water and then used some pliers to gently pop them out. Same technique worked for the Snowtrooper, so I'm assuming it would work for all the Hasbro guys.

BTW, I forgot to mention it before but that Palpatine repaint is impressive!

Re: star wars "body swaps" wips...let's see yours too...update 2/18

i just scored grand moff tarkin...woot!!

i just scored grand moff tarkin...woot!!

Sweet score there mate will you be re-painting the head? or just putting it on to a new body

my Dengar some new photos

Quote Originally Posted by clparker04 View Post
    Sweet score there mate will you be re-painting the head? or just putting it on to a new body
    kick butt dengar..fyi..i really want to make one still...
    as for Tarkin...i'd love to shrink the head down a bit with some acetone and then repaint it a bit...add some highlights maybe...it's pretty basic right now...looks too "toyish"..lol...

So, I put my snowtrooper on his new body yesterday -- an old "soccer heroes" body with a broken neck joint. I rebuilt the neck using apoxy sculpt and Bionicle joints, but I'm pretty pissed with myself now. I mis-measured and now he's got a ....ing giraffe neck. Going to have to dremel it all out and start over

Also, I'm very tempted to use this as inspiration for my Bossk improvement project...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VBoB5zuOFg&feature=relmfu[/ame]

So, I put my snowtrooper on his new body yesterday -- an old "soccer heroes" body with a broken neck joint. I rebuilt the neck using apoxy sculpt and Bionicle joints, but I'm pretty pissed with myself now. I mis-measured and now he's got a ....ing giraffe neck. Going to have to dremel it all out and start over
    one would think that it was an easy task to just transfer them to newer bodies..but it seems like there's a lot more work then i had expected to do....like all of the sleeves in the star wars universe are apparently really short...lol...ive cut feet off..ive shortened forearms, i've shrunk heads, ive sanded down body parts(im not too proud of that)...lol.....

Re: star wars "body swaps" wips...let's see yours too...update 2/23

Clone looks awesome -- did you end up going with the black stripe on his arm?

Re: star wars "body swaps" wips...let's see yours too...update 2/23

Sorry, no Han gear. The only human figure I've ever had from the Hasbro line was Dengar. There's an ebay seller that routinely has some Hasbro outfits for sale. Name is "jessdawg." The only SW thing up right now is a 1/6 Hasbro Yoda, but in the past I've bought full kit from Mace Windu and Ki Adi Mundi from them and not too long ago they had full kit (not incl bodies) for a Stormtrooper and Boba Fet available. All Hasbro.

Tarkin's uniform looks so different! Did you do some weathering to it, or is it just different lighting? First pic it looks all shiny, but the new pic makes it look like actual military uniform fabric.

BTW, what kind of paints are you guys using on the Hasbro armour pieces? I'm having a hell of a time getting decent coverage without doing like six coats, despite priming.