Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

Re: transferring star wars figs to new bodies..aka my star wars wips...2/1

shut the front door!! that is awesome..go ahead and just send it to me now...lol

WOW I forgot that the Falcon was such a Rat Rod, that is a nice diorama.

Cool diorama Clparker,, i love that Han's Facial expression. Bravooo

The Millenium Falcon diorama is outstanding! Nothing but high praise for building that. I'm sure every Star Wars fan is in total envy of you.

Thank guys for the very kind words

I just love working in 1/6 scale

Clau is offline Collection is overflowing

@clparker04

The Falcon interior looks fantastic, it's even better once you put the roof on. Thanks for sharing.

got my stormtrooper parts today...cant wait to piece it together...

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrogue View Post
    i had two pieces of bobas armor..so i decided to cut on down and get rid of the plastic undershirt look..lol..
    this is what it looked like..

this is where im at now..

and i pulled off the bits from the other gauntlet that i had(marmit piece) and glued them on this one..i was gonna give him new hands...but with the way that the gauntlets are, there really isnt any point, since the movement is pretty limited...lol..
    With my Boba , I used a vest/body armour part, painted it grey and glued the armour panels and shoulder pieces to it .

Peace Through Superior Firepower

Re: my star wars wips...let's see yours too...update 2/8

Yup , that's the same Boba . He's an ongoing project and I keep adding bits and tweaking whenever the feeling takes me . One thing I've learnt in customizing is ......there's no rush ! ( It's often said that a bash is never finished and in my experience this is definately true !) The gauntlets are actually a reddish brown and in the process of being re-painted , the phone-pic isn't particularly good ) . I've since scratchbuilt a new belt and I'll try to post some more up to date pics this weekend . Your guys are coming along nicely , as for suggestions for the trooper , I'm a little biased as personally I hate the "Blackhole/Shadowtrooper" concept so it's original trooper all the way for me !

While I'm at it here's my re-worked Hasbro Han in Carbonite .

Here , the top hasn't been added yet ( I had an idea just as I was finishing it and decided it needed re-working ).

And here more or less done .

Mister Parker...lucasfilm is calling, they want their exquisite 1/6th set piece back!

Maaaannnnnn, that is just one awesome, awesome, awesome piece!!!!

Starkiller- some great work you've done!! Wow!

Everyone on this thread has been inspiring!!
    It's a fabulous time to be collecting in 1/6th scale!

amazing works specially the millenium cockpit...

Some really cool work in this thread! Here are a couple of my projects -- both are original characters rather than canon.

First up, a Bith smuggler I played many, many years ago in a Star Wars RPG:

And my current project, a currently unnamed Sith Lord:

(for full WIP shots of this guy, check out his thread)

Good stuff Jim , that Sith Lord is coming along nicely.( And what is it about Bith and smuggling ?)

And here are a couple more of my own "non-canon"characters that I put together fom mostly Hasbro ingredients .

Here's outcast Jedi , Biral Maipre and rogue "Spec Ops" Trooper Commander Ola of the 32nd B.A.D.D.

Clau is offline Collection is overflowing

Nothing fancy, pretty much straight swap...for now.

Has anyone ever tried customizing a Darth Talon out of an Aayla Secura?

Darth Talon

Aayla Secura

Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
    Good stuff Jim , that Sith Lord is coming along nicely.( And what is it about Bith and smuggling ?)

And here are a couple more of my own "non-canon"characters that I put together fom mostly Hasbro ingredients .

Here's outcast Jedi , Biral Maipre and rogue "Spec Ops" Trooper Commander Ola of the 32nd B.A.D.D.
    Love your Bith! For such a simple headsculpt, it's a really nice one. The Hasbro figures get a lot of flack, but there are a small handful of really nice ones (if you can get past the poor articulation. I have a Bossk I've been poking away at off an on, waiting for inspiration to strike on how to go about putting him on a new, taller body.

Your special ops trooper looks awesome. What's the "recipe" for that one?

Awesome conversion work guys.

I've started on 3 figures so far, but have yet to finish any of them. Dengar, Snowtrooper, and Watto. One day I'll get them done.

For those of you doing Boba Fetts and Clone Troopers, you may find this useful. It's a tutorial I did by request over on the Triad forum for how I did the battle damage on my Sith armour:

Adding "battle damage" to armour

That weathering tutorial is pretty useful JimH ! ( I've used a similar technique myself on occasions ) . As for my Spec Ops Clone , or to give him his full title "Commander Ola of the 32nd Boarding and Demolitions Division", he's mostly Hasbro AOTC Clone Trooper armour , on a BBi body with a cast of the Sideshow Phase 1 Clonetrooper helmet . The belts , accessories and weapons are scratch built . He ( as well as Biral Maipre and Bith Smuggler Xanda Lu ) are characters in a story/scenario I'm developing with an artist who works in the game industry .
    From The Journal of the Whills ......
    " Early in the Clone Wars , one of the favoured tactics of the Confederacy of Independant Systems was that of the blockade . To address this , Clone engineers and Republic Military Strategists embarked on the "Boarding and Demolitions " program . This involved the development of a different type of Clone Trooper . These troopers wore unique armour , considerably more bulky than regular armour , due to it's more intensive life support capabilities " .

" The improved life support was vital , as the strategy employed by the B.A.D.D was simple . No more than two troops composed a squad , but more often than not , a single troop ( with the use of a jet/rocket pack ) would launch from a small craft such a shuttle or dropship ( while the enemy ship was distracted by a ( sham) attack and using powerful vibranium boarding claws , would attach himself to and breach the hull of the ship . Once inside , the Trooper would seek out and destroy the vital systems of his enemies ".

" These troopers soon built a fearsome reputation amongst the Republic forces , earning the name "B.A.D.D Boys" . Due to the nature of their missions , the troopers were heavily armed , usually wielding the B.A.D.D's specialized carbine blaster as well as a fully automatic rotary mechanised blaster .( Versions of these prototype weapons were used by Special Forces later in the Clone Wars ). The main difference with regular troop forces though, went far deeper than equipment and weaponry. During the clones gestation period , qualities such as independant thought , initiative , advanced problem solving and strong survival instincts were added to the programming of their genetic makeup " .

" Several high ranking members of the Senate , most notably Chancellor Palpatine himself , were opposed to this programming , as the effectiveness of the ( regular ) Clone forces relied on unflinching loyalty to the cause and the following of orders "to the letter " . These " independant" Clones had to be extremely self-sufficient as their missions , with few exceptions , tended to be classed as "suicide missions" . Surprisingly few missions though , actually ended this way , as the B.A.D.D Boys proved extremely difficult to kill , sometimes floating in open space or in low orbit , amongst the debris of their destroyed targets , for days, until they were retreived by Republic ships " .

" Unfortunately , the effectiveness of the division didn't aid their survival . A C.I.S suicide droid attack desroyed the B.A.D.D 's facility on Kamino while all operating Troops were based there undergoing training . Chancellor Palpatine refused the rebuilding of the program as funds were by then being directed towards other , less controversial "Spec Ops" concepts , more specifically , the A.R.C Trooper and Republic Commando projects " .

"The story of the division didn't end there though . For the entirety of the Clone Wars , tales persisted of a rogue B.A.D.D Boy , specifically the much lauded Commander Ola of the 32nd , a survivor of the treacherous attack on Kamino . This "Super Trooper " waged a Guerilla war on the C.I.S forces , striking from and then returning to the darkness . Further stories circulated of him and the disgraced Jedi General Biral M'aipre fleeing to the outer rim territories and striking up careers as bounty hunters . These tales , obviously , were discounted as nonsense by both Republic and Seperatist heirarchy ".

More to follow......1:
    Last edited by Starkiller; 02-13-2012 at 14:15.

Taken from C.I.S security records of an attack on a seperatist arms depot.....

Cool photos man I love full geared up clone spot on, I'm working on a second tusken raider and a 2nd Jawa I'll add some photos I hope tomorrow

omg you have a jetpack!! i so need that!! lol...great job on the clone...love the take on it...

also, does anyone know if there is a star wars thread, kind of like the show me your gi joe thread? i hadnt looked...if there isnt, we should just make this one..lol...
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 02-13-2012 at 16:46.

That's awesome. I'm glad to hear it's a Hasbro base -- I just snagged a Habsro clone trooper from ebay last night and had plans to use it for a kind of commando-type clone.

so youre my competition for them, huh? lol....

dude i have extra hasbro clone parts if you need any....leg and arm pieces and boots mostly..the rest im using..

so youre my competition for them, huh? lol....

dude i have extra hasbro clone parts if you need any....leg and arm pieces and boots mostly..the rest im using..
    I didn't have any competition at all on the one I got, actually -- I was the only bidder! I got a snowtrooper from the same seller where I was the only bidder as well.

anyone got the phase two helmet? i really want one of those...

anyone got the phase two helmet? i really want one of those...
    I have the two from Waxer and Boil, but I need them both. Toy Anxiety had a couple available last time I checked. I think Collectible Kitbash had a couple as well.

^^oh im looking for the hasbro ones(money wise, lol)....
    i just ordered some more clonetrooper/stormtrooper parts....

Cool collection!

I love Star Wars!

Here is my Hasbro Snowtrooper. Not exactly movie accurate, but I like to think of him as a trooper from after ROTS but before Empire. Put the modified suit and weathered armor on a Dragon body. Sideshow rifle with winter camo added. The boots are altered Dragon WWII US winter boots. The fasteners on the armor are from DID.
    I love this Hasbro armor. Sideshow is going to have to do something really special to justify the cost for theirs when it comes out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017-ebay020712-027-jpg   all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017-ebay020712-025-jpg   all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017-ebay020712-032-jpg   all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017-ebay020712-033-jpg