Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: all of my custom goodness nice and packed in one thread...huge update 3/2017

Re: transferring older hasbro star wars to new bodies....??

those are too cool. ive got plans for at least 2 more clone troopers and have my eye on a speeder bike with scout...so that will be totally cool...

has anyone done the emperor's royal guard yet? the red ones from ROTJ?..would love to see that done...one of my favs...

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrogue View Post
    those are too cool. ive got plans for at least 2 more clone troopers and have my eye on a speeder bike with scout...so that will be totally cool...

has anyone done the emperor's royal guard yet? the red ones from ROTJ?..would love to see that done...one of my favs...
    I picked up a Royal Guard with the intention of transferring him to a better body. The problem is that the helmet will take a lot of work to transfer it. It is attached to the body without a point of articulation. You would have to cut the head off and then dremel out a portion so it will attach to a neck adapter. Also, the visor portion is translucent and you can see a sculpted face behind it (actually a cool albeit unnecessary detail). You can always repaint the helmet.
    The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
    Is the terrible AT-AT Walking Machine.
    It's as big as a house on walking legs,
    And whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

all too easy...i dremel in my sleep...lol...why dont we just cut to the chase and do a trade for the parts that you have? save me the trouble of trying to ebay one and getting that craptastic emperor that i really dont want..drop me a pm if interested...

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find the TOMY Tie helmet as it's very rare, so if you can't, cut off the neck of the Hasbro helmet/head and put it over a DID, SSC etc.. head and use as a removable helmet. As for gloves, the Mattel Ghost Busters ones are nice, they have them loose at Toy Anxiety.
    i just re-read this and thats exactly what i ended up doing, but not remembering that you said to do that..lol...

Post deleted due to double posting !
    Last edited by Starkiller; 01-19-2012 at 15:33.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Here's some more of my Hasbro/Hybrid figures .

There are quite a few more , but my photo hosting site is playing silly buggers so I'll post them at a later date !

the guy in the last pic..the at at driver..where did you find those parts? also, where do you get the death star gunner? does he only come in the two pack with tarkin? that's all that ive seen on ebay..love your stuff and thanks for sharing it here....

The guy in the last shot ( I've named him General Seej ) , uses the modified helmet , breastplate and belt buckle from Hasbros Snowtrooper . The other guy's helmet is from the Hasbro "Death Star Trooper" which comes with a black uniform , but as I got the helmet loose from ebay , I used an "Imperial Officer " uniform to make him a "Death Squad Commander ", a reference to the 3 3/4 Hasbro figure from back in the day . Thanks for the interest spiderrogue . Here's Bossk , he's the Hasbro simply transferred to a Sideshow "Buck" body ( normally a frowned upon body style , but perfect for this guy !) and the uniform "tweaked" for a better fit . The head , arms and legs have been repainted .

cool bossk..i actually have the complete suit..would need the heads and body parts to do one..he is on my list tho...

got my boba and my snowtrooper today....so what exactly did you do to the snowtrooper to make it look "right"?...feel free to pm me if you want, i'd like to get some ideas from you...

on the death star trooper..is that the helmet that came with the hasbro figure? cuz the one i got, is huge..what type of head did you use, if so?

I think both Hasbro and SSC have a problem with proportions....also the uiforms are always tight... if you want to trasfer to a high quality body...............

The Hasbro helmet is no larger than it needs to be , if you check out reference ( admiteddly this is difficult with the DS Trooper ) you'll see it IS pretty huge! I used a "regular " DML head and body and had no trouble with fit . The trick is to add an elastic chinstrap ( if you have the original chin "cup" this helps ) and this keeps the helmet nice and snug . As for the uniform , on the DML body , this was loose rather than tight and I tightened it up by removing the velcro and re-sizing it with fabric glue . The main problem wih Hasbro outfits tends to be the sleeves . They are ALWAYS too short . But , by using gauntlets , this isn't a problem .

You can see the sleeves are short in this second picture .

im gonna save your pic on my pc for reference, so i dont have to keep coming back here to look at it. ive got the black suit to use instead of the gray...but it will still work out. have you used the grand moff tarkin hasbro fig yet? or any others?

Yes , I've done a Tarkin . ( I've done a little more work on the outfit since this pic ). Again , the sleeves are a bit of a problem with this outfit , which is why I tend to pose him with his arms behind his back ! The head is a resin cast of the original , shrunk so as not to be so huge .

The Boba Fett and Dengar are "works in progress" ( so don't be too critical !), the Dengar especially so . I plan on replacing a lot of the original armour with Sideshow , now that it's more freely available and the headsculpt/headwraps are at an early stage . Both these figures are quite extensive re-works , compared to most of my others and utilise re-cast and scratch-built bits . ( I'm on the lookout for a Snowtrooper breastplate , if anyone has one for trade , while I'm on the subject ! )

very cool....
    question for ya, tho...what's the "official" color for boba's gauntlets? ive seen both red and green....even in pics, etc..so im not sure what color to make mine...

Right , the "what colour's Boba's outfit" question ! The easiest way of answering that is usually to decide which movie you're basing your figure on , "Empire " or "Jedi " as this is usually how the variances in the uniforms are differentiated .
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/d...n-suits-29690/

The real answer though , is either easier or more difficult , depending on your point of view . ( Confused yet ?) The facts are , multiple versions of the suit were used in BOTH movies . It just depends whether you go for "screen accurate " or not . Basically , what I'm saying is , find a reference picture and stick to it !
    Hope that helps .

Re: transferring star wars figs to new bodies..aka my star wars wips...2/1

Some really cool stuff here. The recycling of the old Hasbro parts is awesome. Great job to everyone.
    I came, I saw, I went home happy.
    Trade references:http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=84603

Looks like you're getting the hang of it! You can make the Snow Trooper's helmet removable for a normal head by pulling out the white dummy head if you like.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

The Hasbro gloves are pretty good , what I did on my Boba was simply cut them away from the gauntlet ( you'll need to do a bit of filling and futzing !) and add a wrist peg .
    The Snowtrooper looks great , by the way .

Looks like you're getting the hang of it! You can make the Snow Trooper's helmet removable for a normal head by pulling out the white dummy head if you like.

i have a normal head under that mask..a max steel one...just wanted a "filler" head for now..lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
    The Hasbro gloves are pretty good , what I did on my Boba was simply cut them away from the gauntlet ( you'll need to do a bit of filling and futzing !) and add a wrist peg .
    The Snowtrooper looks great , by the way .
    i was actually thinking of doing that...and using the Marmit gauntlets instead(the one on his left)...just cuz they are a bit better quality then the hasbro ones. also, i noticed that you cut the armor off of the plastic "shirt"..how tough was that?

Wow there is a lot of great stuff on here this is some of me stuff I hope you like...

This is my WIP at the minute

VERY nice work CLParker! Got any tips on the Chewie figure? I started one but never finished.
    Last edited by shovelchop81; 02-07-2012 at 20:04. Reason: can't type!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

awesome stuff...now i want to do more bashes..gee..thanks....my wife's gonna kill me..lol

VERY nice work CLParker! Got ant ips on the Chewie figure? I started one but never finished.

Thank mate

if there is any thing I can help with just ask and as for the chewie I have all the photos that show the making of him..

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrogue View Post
    awesome stuff...now i want to do more bashes..gee..thanks....my wife's gonna kill me..lol
    Hi mate

Tell me about it my wife would kill me if she know what I have spent over the yrs on stuff or part that I needed is there any thing that you are looking for or need

Quote Originally Posted by clparker04 View Post
    Thank mate

if there is any thing I can help with just ask and as for the chewie I have all the photos that show the making of him..
    lets see some...

Quote Originally Posted by clparker04 View Post
    Hi mate

Tell me about it my wife would kill me if she know what I have spent over the yrs on stuff or part that I needed is there any thing that you are looking for or need

lol..
    im looking for the royal guard(red), biker scout(top want), dengar(or any bounty hunters), jawa....at at driver..i had one, but messed it up with another bash..lol..then when i get these done, i'd like to start on the main guys..han, luke, leia...lol

i just ordered parts for a stormtrooper(minus what i had already)
    Last edited by spiderrogue; 02-06-2012 at 16:35.

Not sure if I have showed this before on here.

I also made a 1/6 scale the main hold from the MILLENNIUM FALCON I hope you like this STAR WARS FAN'S

this was the start

and this is why is all started I picked this up on ebay for 20 pounds and needed some where to put it so I made the Falcon

I had this on T-shirt as a kid in the late 70's

I hope you have like this