Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Wild Wild East (bash of da day)

Arrow Wild Wild East (bash of da day)

a companion and counterpart to the samurai-gunman (http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...d.php?t=599200), Master Wong (no, not "Fei Hung" ) has been called a pirate and a robber before by his kinsmen ... but he'd rather be known as "the Robin Hood of the East"! ... his compatriots might question his methods many a times, but they'll never doubt his loyalty ... much ...

Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast01-jpg

Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast02-jpg
    Self and Screen bought from antique-shops (they do decent but expensive replicas tho) everything on the shelves are mixtures of gasaphons and whatever crap i could find! LOL - no chinaware or vases tho

Master Wong is wearing a mixture of DML-oriental clothes and braclets, with SideShowToys' gun holsters and weapons
    Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast03-jpg

and of coz, a behind-the-scenes:
    Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast04-jpg

thanks for viewing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast01-jpg   Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast02-jpg   Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast03-jpg   Wild Wild East (bash of da day)-wildeast04-jpg  

Wow !!! great job , very cool set up . Always love the endless variety of props & the attention to detail . Thanks for the excellent bash .
    " I'm not a miracle worker ... just workin hoping for a miracle "
    My Gallery -http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/phot...00&ppuser=2580

How on earth do you manage to dig out all the stuff that you want in your photoshoots? Have you discovered a new system of storage? Please share the secret!

Another great bash......and as always your accessories are insane!!
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

All right Andy, I'll echo what the other fine gents have already said. Freakin' awesome my man.That being said, where in the devil did you get those folding blind & shelve. Are they from those old school Chinese shops that sell traditional Chinese tea pots & miniature accessories on the side?
    Last edited by gaiagear; 11-21-2006 at 14:59.

Beautiful!

Now that's an original. Nice work.

Now that's an intriquing twist. Bravo! I luvv the background - a cool bachelor pad even in these times (although a mite small heh heh).

I love everything that's going on in that picture...all of the items/detail in the background. Super figure too!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Quote Originally Posted by coreblocksystem
    How on earth do you manage to dig out all the stuff that you want in your photoshoots? Have you discovered a new system of storage? Please share the secret!
    dude, the "secret" is "microwavable plastic boxes"! (ie: cheap tupperware) small enough to not be too cumbersome, big enough to catergorize basic props, ie: all mags here, all pistols here, etc. and yes, having it all around your workstation helps hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by gaiagear
    Are they from those old school Chinese shops that sell traditional Chinese tea pots & miniature accessories on the side?
    correctomundo, Leo! hahahaha altho the foldable screen was bought at a second-hand dealer who wanted to hawk it off to me for near USD$30 (becoz "it's real marble inlay!") for which i knocked it down to less than half hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by romedome
    Now that's an intriquing twist. Bravo! I luvv the background - a cool bachelor pad even in these times (although a mite small heh heh).
    hahahaha thanks! altho everything (my dios) are restricted by to a size of 17"X20" table-space! LOL

and cheers for the kind words, widescene, grizzerr, JohnnyMacho, Hardcase01 and Emergency Ian!

Yup partner, you gave some new meanings to 1:6 dioramas
    Definitely 100x more innovative then my usual post of a guy standing in front of an all white screen
    Well done Andyhoney!
    Go 1 down to advance 2 up
    Red6

Hahaha, I like Chinese kungfu theme! Very nice accessories! One idea: you can make a calendar with each day showing the BOTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkins73
    Yup partner, you gave some new meanings to 1:6 dioramas Definitely 100x more innovative then my usual post of a guy standing in front of an all white screen
    precisely why my figure-bashes are dull, that's why i prop them up with dios! LOL thanks for your kind words and cheers, Kenny!

Quote Originally Posted by mgbb
    Hahaha, I like Chinese kungfu theme! Very nice accessories! One idea: you can make a calendar with each day showing the BOTD.
    hahahaha maybe a calendar of the "month"? if not "week"? LOL hhhmmmm lemme try to strive for that LOL thanks, Ray!

Very cool. But I think we all have asked "where does he get those wonderful toys?" Your dios are filled with some cool accesories.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride. Wanted, Dead or Alive.

Where the hell do you get all these accessories? May i ask.

Damm cool and great theme. Like i said before your bashes are always out of the box.

You made me feel very proud to show your stuff to my colleagues who are amazed by the diversity in 1/6 hobby, my dear fellow countryman.
    September 08, August 09

Awesome dio! everything in the background looks great.

thanks, Hollowpoint, KMok15 and DC80!

im always looking out for "possible" diorama-"props" and they can be found at the least suspecting places, even in military-figure sets, or even 1/1 hobby-craft shops, thrift-shops, Barbie-sets etc - and gasaphons are the bomb! LOL burns a hole in the wallet even tho i dun buy that much full-box-figures! LOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by KMok15
    You made me feel very proud to show your stuff to my colleagues who are amazed by the diversity in 1/6 hobby, my dear fellow countryman.
    dude, you are too kind - am humbled by your words

(*paiseh leh*;p)