One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Jonny Quest

7K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  keithholmestx 
#1 ·
and a ton of idea's for background scenery amoung other things

check it out jq

#9 ·
That is very cool and fun to look at. I wish it was on youtube because most of the clips didn't work for me. Wish they did, because the stills look so very cool. Love the process too. GREAT work!!!

AFM
Thanks for the kind words. Most of the older clips are .mov QT files, which play on any PC or regular Mac. But some people were emailing that they could not see the clips on iPhones or iPads. So the newer clips are m4v, which will play in any updated QuickTime player or iTunes player.

Roger

#10 ·
Wow, I didn't expect to see so much complicated camera movement during the animations! Amazing work all around!
Thanks! This is nothing but fun.

I don't think the site can handle the load though. It was unreachable 3 out of 4 tries.
You can thank the good people at CartoonBrew.com for that. I used to get only about 100-150 visitors a day. After CartoonBrew posted a short missive about my project, overnight my visits grew to 16,000 or so. They've leveled off at about 3000-5000 per day but that is still taxing on my server. I'll probably need to upgrade soon. :)

Roger

#11 ·
Absolutely incredible! I enjoyed Jonny Quest when I was a kid and like the idea of a stop-motion version.

FWIW, the tank in scene #9 looks to be based on the design of the US M41 Walker Bulldog. No big deal as the M48 still has the look to mimic the scene and is period appropriate.

#12 ·
Absolutely incredible! I enjoyed Jonny Quest when I was a kid and like the idea of a stop-motion version.
Thanks!

FWIW, the tank in scene #9 looks to be based on the design of the US M41 Walker Bulldog. No big deal as the M48 still has the look to mimic the scene and is period appropriate.
Yeah, I figured that out after we had built the tank and completed the scene. Not being an expert on old tanks, I just looked around until I could find something that was close. But the Walker was the exact tank, for sure.

In fact, here is a page with a vintage photo that I'm pretty sure was the exact photo reference used by the artists for the tank in the original JQ episode:

Military Trader - The Proving Ground: M41 Walker Bulldog

Roger

#16 ·
Man you've gone and ruined one of my favorite Jonny Quest trivia questions, which is: "What is Race Bannon's real first name?"

Beautiful work, man.

When I was a kid (yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed JQ when it ran in primetime) I figured that if I could grow up to be a combination of Race Bannon and James West, I'd be about the baddest white boy in the world. :lol

#18 ·
I agree!

MovieStuff said:
We got them from Monkey Depot. Don't know who made them. Packaging is long gone.....No, wait a minute. I believe it was Soldier Story. Yep, I'm pretty sure.
Thanks Roger, that helps a lot!
I wouldn't bother re-shooting the tank sequence because it looks really good as it is. I'm a Cold War-era US armor fan and I remember thinking that the Hanna Barbera artists must've based the tank in that scene on the M41. Just one of those weird things I zeroed in on some years ago.

@ dadrab: People don't know that Race Bannon's first name is Roger? I think that stuck with me because of the '70s re-runs where they added a voice-over to the title sequence and always identified him as Roger "Race" Bannon. Bandit got the added intro of "everyone's friend and co-worker...".

And because to this day I still want my own personal VTOL-capable SST airplane (even though I hate to fly), I can't wait to see what Roger and Brandi come up with for that sequence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.