One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1:6 Technical?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  WritinMan 
#1 ·
Anyone ever put together a Technical (pickup with a gun mounted on the back, sure most of you already know that)? I'd like some pics if you could.

#8 ·
You couldn't just find a toy and repaint it could ya. Ya had to recondition and rebuild the bloody thing, didn't ya?

The blue truck looks fantastic, I don't know if I've ever seen that exact one on some african conflict image, but it just feels natural to assume it would be.
And that Pink one, gg, only the most confident and powerful warlord would be man enough to take that one around the block a couple of times ;)
:O I think I've seen your delta/little bird pictures! That grey bldg seems familiar :D

Growl medic, I was lookin for those pics for a whole 12 minutes late last night before I gave up :lol

#9 ·
:)

Thanks, guys. You're too kind. That pick-up is just a slipshod job on a toy and painted up. An easy conversion with styrene.....I just used metal because I had it and am comfortable with it. You're all capable of making same.

I got some guff for that JEEP when I first posted it. It's not pink, fer cryin' out loud, it's coral :p . Anyway, I've seen all kinds of vehicles being used over there for these things, and figured these would do, as well.

Saiko, yes, these are old pics and those are the same buildings seen in my BHD test shots here;
http://www.geocities.com/laughinggravy2/MogadishuTestPics_page1.html?1062188373840 .

Thanks, again. :)

#12 ·
Saiko, the grey pick-up is pretty close to one seen on the H Channel's BHD documentary. It went by very fast, right to left. (it's on the expanded 3 disc DVD set)

That same documentary had a shot of a green-based vehicle with yellow spots.

I took the ubiquitous JEEP, and gave it a coral base with yellow and green spots.
A softer pink had been used since SAS operations in WWII in N. Africa, as it was found to provide a fairly effective camouflage effect at distance in the sand.

No matter what made me decide, I don't wager you'll be forgetting the pink JEEP soon, will you?

#14 ·
Lol, I don't know if I ever saw that doc but I like the truck's colour scheme.
Pairing that red bumper on the greys just looked like it belonged and made it more believeable imo, partly bc folks slap miscoloured parts on vehicles and drive around like that here all the time. :p

SAS in soft pink jeeps. Man, I don't think I could ride in a coral Stryker :lol

I stand corrected, "only the most confident and powerful warlord would be man enough to take that coral coloured jeep around the block a couple of times." :lol

Thx for the link, time to raid LG's page for pictures :devilhnd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.