Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Quest for glory(Old video game) fantasy character custom

Quest for glory(Old video game) fantasy character custom

Hey I wanted opinions on these figures I put together, they are the hero from the old computer game series quest for glory.

QFG1 Hero
    http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1276058229
    The tunic and cape were custom made, the others parts I bought loose off ebay and most were unnamed except the Napoleon shirt and the hot toys body suit I dyed green.
    The head is a dragon figure head that I am not quite happy with.

Here is what he is suppose to look like (Hard to see be ready to squint) http://ui26.gamefaqs.com/505/gfs_36744_2_2.jpg
    http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/qfg/Up.../48-ch1894.png As you can see they have different hair in different parts of the game so I went with in game hair. If you can suggest a better head please do!

QFG2 Hero
    SANY1203.jpg picture by Piotyrhb - Photobucket
    I got a sleeveless body shirt and cut it down the middle then I bought a karate suit and stole the pants, I used another Napoleon shirt for the undershirt and some shoes that I cut the heels off of which sadly did not work out as I intended leaving the foot showing underneath.
    Anyone know of any shoes with the toe curling up or possibly ones that have heels that when cut off won't leave the foot bare?

The in game shot (SQUINT AGAIN!)
    http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/.../QFG2_ss10.png

QFG4 Hero
    Same thing as the first guy except I dyed the body suit a different color, also the tunic was bought on ebay and used as a template for the first guy.
    the head is hot toys Harvey if you didn't notice. This is the only one I think came out perfectly but I still need a shield for this guy. meh that can wait.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...pk/qg4char.jpg No squinting this time!

I think with the little material I had to go on such as small pixelated graphics and clashing artwork (Boxart has completely different faces/hairstyles some times) I did a pretty good job. Any suggestions? Comments? I am sure I won't find too many people who remember these games here but I want opinions from those who know figures.

Re: Quest for glory(Old video game) fantasy character custom

Dang Quest for Glory...brings back good old memories.

Nice work on both, particularly the QFG2 gent.

Welcome aboard btw.

Thanks I wasn't sure if this was the place to post this being new. I hope I get some feedback on a better head or some better boots.

I agree that you should find a better HS for Devon Aidendale (the believed to be actual name for the QFG guy.)

Although the hero's face is different when compared to QFG5 to QFG1, it stays relatively consistent in the first four titles; only part 1,2, and 5 has close ups of the hero. The boxart depicts the character differently in each game, but I wouldn't go on those since they do not accurately represent the character. The hero obviously looks different in QFG1 VGA since he is younger. However, if you follow the character in game from the first game to the fourth game,his appearance changes thrice; The hero's haircut and clothes changes in part 2, but it is explained through a magic spell.

I suggest finding a head with hair like that Harvey Dent HS since the hero usually has long hair in all the games with the exception of part1 VGA and part 2 (not counting the VGA fan remake.)

In part 2 (not counting the fan remake), the hero's hair is usually depicted short yet puffy.

This head sculpt would work well if you adjust the hair to make it a bit longer and have the hair going across the forehead (Harvey Dent) like in part 5.

http://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_Figu...h0011-u362.htm

The newline mininature pirate boots plus some black rite dye would work well for the hero:

Monkey Depot - The Finest in Scale Military

P.S. You forgot to put up the image link of your hero from part4; I had to look at your album for the pic.
    Last edited by DoomSaber; 06-09-2010 at 01:11.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSaber View Post
    I agree that you should find a better HS for Devon Aidendale (the believed to be actual name for the QFG guy.)

Although the hero's face is different when compared to QFG5 to QFG1, it stays relatively consistent in the first four titles; only part 1,2, and 5 has close ups of the hero. The boxart depicts the character differently in each game, but I wouldn't go on those since they do not accurately represent the character. The hero obviously looks different in QFG1 VGA since he is younger. However, if you follow the character in game from the first game to the fourth game,his appearance changes thrice; The hero's haircut and clothes changes in part 2, but it is explained through a magic spell.

I suggest finding a head with somewhat long hair since the hero usually has long hair in all the games with the exception of part1 VGA and part 2 (not counting the VGA fan remake.)

Not counting any of the charater art in the QFG2 fan remake, the hero's hair in the second game is usually drawn short:

The newline mininature pirate boots plus some black rite dye would work well for the hero:

Monkey Depot - The Finest in Scale Military
    These boots look like a good replacement for the first and fourth but that still doesn't help the seconds shoes.
    His hair is a lot different in the original and vga remakes of the first 2.
    He has long hair like the vga boxart in the first one but then in the vga version he has short and fuzzy like the figure I got here. Also I disregarded the boxart for 2 because I wanted to make the first guy the only one with the short fuzzy young hair. I just went for the vga remake which seemed to transition a little better than the original.(http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/que...ry/qfg2-26.png) tho maybe I will get a second head to go with it.
    Any suggestions?
    I would need suggestions for a replacement headsculpt for the 1 hero but the other two I am happy with, I kind of combined the boxart (http://ui01.gamespot.com/2144/qfg4boxart_2.jpg) and the in game art of the 4 hero to get what I have here. The boxart shows him looking like Gaston from beautie and the beast and I wanted to get a chin like that, this turned out perfect without making him look dopey.