One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

South African Police Service (SAPS) Flying Squad

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Cpl Ho 
#1 · (Edited)
I've always wanted to bash these guys after watching them on Vinnie Jone's Toughest Cops. The hardest part was getting uniforms of the correct shade... I used 1/35 Gunze Sangyo Intermediate Blue (H35) to paint an extra set of DML Hong Kong ASU uniform... I had intended to use latex skin to cover up the joints, but it limits articulation so I gave up the idea...

Thanx for viewing... all comments welcome! :thanks

See less See more
#11 ·
The problem with using acrylic paint (I assume you used acrylic) on fabric is that when it dries, it doesn't sit in the material that well as it turned somewhat powdered. Creases will cause some paint to fall off. But we are offered so small range of fabric paint color and I guess this is the next best thing to do :lol
Meanwhile, good bash my friend :) Where is the headsculpt from?

#14 · (Edited)
Thanx everyone! ;) Yep, the paint does cause the problems that u guys mentioned, ie. flaking & stiffening of uniforms, it's not so bad if u can get the color right the first time and paint only one layer... in my first attempt I got the shade wrong, and what u see here is the second layer, so the uniform is quite stiff now... but u r right Kenny, to say that only 1/35 paints have such a variety of colors... The HS is Robert DeNiro which I got from goodstufftogo, it comes in a set of 2, the other one is with Mohawk hairstyle from 'Taxi Driver'... :)

#15 ·
My mate had this to say, "Surprisingly accurate, except the shoulder flashes." He didn't expand on it any further. I'll try to get something a little more... substantial out of him.

#24 ·
Had coffee with my Safrican friend who was in the flying squad last night. He said he was very impressed with the over all detail, and conceded that the should flashes were quite good, and would be an absolute nightmare to do accurately. His only feedback was that the rear pockets on the pants should be slash pockets, not flap pockets, but loved that you noticed that there was only one cargo pocket on the thighs.

Good job, bru.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.