Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos added!

Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos added!

I've wanted one of these for a long time; now I'm getting one for Father's Day!

David

Last edited by highwayman57; 06-27-2017 at 17:15.
    My Trade Feedback

"I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Re: Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - Goldfinge

Noice!!!

Re: Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - Goldfinge

Quote Originally Posted by Broadshore View Post
    Noice!!!
    It is quite cool!!! It has many of the gimmicks of the full-sized car, with a removable roof section & ejector seat, ramming bumpers, rear bulletproof shield, extendable tire shredders, rotating license plates, as well as opening doors, hood, and trunk! It cost a pretty penny ($189 including shipping), but I'm worth it!

David
    Last edited by highwayman57; 06-27-2017 at 17:11.
    My Trade Feedback

Added photos to the first post!

David
    My Trade Feedback

Re: Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos ad

Nice! When I was a kid the Corgi Toys DB5 in around 1/72nd scale with the same features was every boy's dream toy.

Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos added!-james-bond-aston-martin-db5-corgi-diecast-model-no261-issued-1965-b1mrre-jpg

As well as the other goodies it had a spring loaded ejector seat which threw the baddie about 2 feet in the air.

Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos added!-670l-jpg

Re: Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos ad

Quote Originally Posted by ActionMan View Post
    Nice! When I was a kid the Corgi Toys DB5 in around 1/72nd scale with the same features was every boy's dream toy.

Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos added!-james-bond-aston-martin-db5-corgi-diecast-model-no261-issued-1965-b1mrre-jpg

As well as the other goodies it had a spring loaded ejector seat which threw the baddie about 2 feet in the air.

Mattel Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Elite Cult Classic Aston Martin DB5 - photos added!-670l-jpg
    I have one of the Corgis myself; I've had it for several years. I also have the Danbury Mint die-cast DB5 in 1:24 scale; like the piece pictured above, it has a load of gimmicks built in.

One very special piece I have is the Gilbert Aston Martin DB5 battery-powered car; it has flashing lights to simulate machine guns, the rear bullet-proof shield raises & lowers automatically, the ramming bumpers extend & retract automatically, the ejector seat works and shoots the half-figure of the passenger quite a distance, and it runs around on the floor after displaying the gimmicks. It then stops and starts the whole cycle all over again. It's one of the best pieces of James Bond stuff I have!

David
    My Trade Feedback

Congrats David, nice addition to the motor pool!

Now, if it was only in 1/6 scale...
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

Quote Originally Posted by russcal View Post
    Congrats David, nice addition to the motor pool!
    Thanks, Russ, I'm really happy with it!

Now, if it was only in 1/6 scale...
    Oh man, that would be something to kill for!

David
    My Trade Feedback