Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Hot Toys Teasers: Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars & Valerian

Hot Toys Teasers: Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars & Valerian

Hot Toys updates collectors with numerous sixth scale action figure news announcements. The first: Hot Toys has acquired the license (surpirse!) for Thor: Ragnarok. While no figure teaser image for this yet, I'd expect fans will receive Thor in his new gladiator gear and most likely Hulk.

New to their Guardians of the Galaxy line will be Yondu as he appeared in Vol.2. This figure will be on display at San Diego Comic-Con. Stay tuned for photos!

Another new licensing announcement is Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets. The teaser image shows off 1/6th scale figures of Major Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Sergeant Laureline (Cara Delevingne). More details at Comic-Con.

Last but not least, Hot Toys teases a figure of Grand Moff Tarkin, commander of the Death Star battle station in Star Wars: A New Hope (and Rogue One).

Re: Hot Toys Teasers: Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars & Valer

Short haired Thor will be "unique," and possibly a new license that's not superhero/star Wars, or a classic remake character (been a half decade or so for something like that). Those Valerian are exciting, though I suspect they will actually only be released if the movie does well, remember how well those Prometheus figures turned out after all. I want my 6th scale Vickers...

Re: Hot Toys Teasers: Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars & Valer

Quote Originally Posted by vailus View Post
    Short haired Thor will be "unique," and possibly a new license that's not superhero/star Wars, or a classic remake character (been a half decade or so for something like that). Those Valerian are exciting, though I suspect they will actually only be released if the movie does well, remember how well those Prometheus figures turned out after all. I want my 6th scale Vickers...
    Everything about Thor Ragnarok .including the Hot Toys packaging - looks awful IMO!

Grand Moff Tarkin on the other hand, should be superb.

Short-haired Thor, Gladiator Hulk (and they damn well better make Hela).
    Yondu for sure.
    Maybe Cara Delivgne from Valerian.
    GMT, absolutely. Was a fan of Cushing long before he appeared in Star Wars.

The armor in Valerian resembles mass effect armor (probably the other way around... Never read the comics) so I might want that for a custom Shepard...

I'd certainly buy a short haired gladiator Thor.

But it will be interesting to see if they sculpt a head with the warpaint already painted on it(Hopefully not) or if it is a clean sculpt allowing the collector to choose to add paint or not. The kitbash possibilities for a normal short haired Thor headsculpt are endless!
    Last edited by Teutoberg; 07-19-2017 at 02:06. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by notnilton View Post
    The armor in Valerian resembles mass effect armor (probably the other way around... Never read the comics) so I might want that for a custom Shepard...
    I read the comics and the drawings of their space suit are not at all like the movie. This has certainly come about with ideas borrowed from Mass Effect.