One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

ThreeZero 1:6 Game of Thrones - JON SNOW

General News 
9K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Michael Crawford 
#1 ·
You Know Nothing Jon Snow...

ThreeZero presents Jon Snow, their newest 1:6th scale action figure based on HBO's hit fantasy series Game of Thrones. Pre-orders begin on May 14th at 9PM EST at threezerostore.com. The Jon Snow figure will be priced at $160 (1250HKD) with worldwide shipping included.

Also available exclusively through threezerostore.com will be a set that includes both Jon Snow and a resin statue of his albino direwolf, Ghost. This ThreeZero Exclusive package will retail for $190 (1480HKD) also with worldwide shipping included.

1/6th scale Game of Thrones Jon Snow collectible figure features:

• 29cm (11.4") tall custom designed action figure body
• Head sculpt with realistic likeness
• Exchangeable hands

Tailored cloth costume:

• Shirt
• Vest
• Trousers
• Cloak
• Gloaved hands
• Boots
• Sword and dirk
• Gambeson
• Peascod
• Belt with scabbards

See less See more
#3 ·
I like it! Jon is actually one of my favorite characters on the show. Kind of wish they didn't use scupted hair for him though, but I still like it!

He will probably be one of my to gets once I clear off my shelf, stop being lazy and finish some of my projects!

#8 ·
Good to know. It's a question of when Ghost is being portrayed, too. At one time he was the runt of his litter but this Jon Snow is probably too old to go with that. The other factor is that to casual eyes, an accurate dire wolf is just going to look like a wolf scaled wrong, and they may want to minimize that. Every time I see the Gentle Giant Jon Snow and Ghost it looks off and I have to remind myself that it's correct.

It's not an issue for complete fantasy animals like dragons, but it becomes more of an issue with something resembling a real world wolf but 30% larger.

#13 ·
ThreeZero is making good products so far, but I wish they'd distribute thru Sideshow or someone, their site is a s***show! I ordered the first one from them, but now my password doesn't work, you can't check out even with paypal as a guest, the password recovery system never responded, so I had to use a completely different email to order. YOU KNOW NOTHING, THREEZERO!

May just wait on MD to order next time...

#19 ·
That is, among other things, strictly a U.S. based perspective. In the U.S. "just committing to the buy" is all you have to worry about, especially with Sideshow exclusives, and even with international exclusives since Customs isn't a big concern for you. From where I'm sitting I can tell you I once bought a Sideshow Black Ninja locally and then decided I really wanted the Exclusive head. Ordering the Exclusive from Sideshow cost me nearly 150% what the non-Exclusive cost me locally, with shipping, transaction costs and customs. Or when I don't get the Exclusive, there's nothing I like better than paying $200+ for something and still feeling like I only got the second-rate, incomplete version. And finally -- and this is part of a much larger rant -- I'm not a fan of anything that's done to artificially engineer a "collectible" as opposed to making a good product and letting it create demand. That's my 2¢ explaining my flip comment above.

#17 ·
The Threezerostore site isn't very user friendly, but their exclusives aren't bad at all. They don't seem to limit quantities and the prices are consistent enough. My only complaint is that the basic company has two completely different sites for such items with Threezerostore and Bambaland. I missed out on the Gabriel Thorne basic figure and I'll have to overpay on ebay to complete my Halo set because I wasn't checking Bambaland as often as Threezerostore.

#20 ·
Because in the mainland U.S. we don't have to buy exclusives to Japan, Hong Kong, or in my case last week, Puerto Rico...

ThreeZero isn't using exclusives to create a 'collectible'. That would be a limited edition. They are using the exclusives to maximize their profit on a figure, bringing in as many sales to them directly where they have a much higher margin rather than through resellers. It also gives them a good guaranteed number on production, something that's critical for a small company.

If the were trying to create something 'collectible', they'd have a limit of some sort - only available for one day, only 1000 made, etc. The exclusives are available for weeks, and the only barrier is being able to spend the money.

#21 ·
If the US started charging the kind of import/customs other countries charge, you might look at those Japan, Hong Kong or Puerto Rico imports very differently. Then as a result you guys usually don't get Fedex brokerage charges etc on top. Even shipping internationally into the US tends to be much cheaper, as they factor in the lower shipping cost once inside the country -- so that for example Hong Kong -> US can be cheaper than Hong Kong -> Canada though we're next door. So respectfully yeah, possibly your view of Exclusives may take privileges for granted that the rest of us don't have. When an exclusive costs 150% to 200% the regular, it becomes a negative.

I concede your distinction of Exclusives vs Limited is a valid point, and I don't particularly object to how ThreeZero specifically does it, I just disapprove of the basic concept. Also your point about bringing in sales by taking them away from resellers is quite valid, but doesn't it shrink the dwindling marketplace even further (we have so few retailers left) when a manufacturer undercuts them? Again, this is more of a point with Sideshow than a smaller company like ThreeZero.

#22 ·
Yep, sucks to be a collector outside of the U.S., no doubt about it. Some of the import fees and taxes amaze me.

Sideshow has become more of a distributor than a manufacturer these days, or so it often seems. It was certainly a huge pain point for resellers back when Sideshow first started doing it with their regular exclusives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.