One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Hot Toys - MMS224 - Thor: The Dark World 1:6 THOR

General News 
3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  shovelchop81 
#1 ·

The next anticipated Marvel Studios film this year - Thor: The Dark World - hits theaters soon. Following the events of The Avengers, Thor returns to the big screen and sets upon a journey to confront a new enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand.

To celebrate the launch of this epic sequel, Hot Toys presents a new 1:6th scale Thor figure. This movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in the new movie, featuring a newly developed head sculpt, muscular body, highly detailed costume, weapon and accessories.

This figure will also be offered sans sleeves as a THOR (Light Asgardian Armor Version) (see HERE).

The Hot Toys - MMS224 - Thor: The Dark World 1:6 THOR features:

Release Date: Q2-Q3, 2014

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in Thor: The Dark World
- Newly developed muscular body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 32 cm tall

- Four (4) pair of interchangeable palms including:
. One (1) pair of fists
. One (1) pair of relaxed palms
. One (1) pair of open palms
. One (1) pair for holding Mjolnir

Costume:
- One (1) red-colored cape
- One (1) metal-colored patterned long sleeves
- One (1) upper body armor with metal-colored circle plates
- One (1) pair of black and metal-colored colored forearm armor
- One (1) pair of black pants with patterned design on sides
- One (1) pair of black and metal-colored boots

Weapon:

- One (1) authentic metal Mjolnir with patterned holder and leather-like strap at the end

Accessories:
- One (1) black poncho
- Figure stand with Thor nameplate and the movie logo
- One (1) cardboard Asgardian emblem

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by K.A. Kim
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by Yulli

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

See less See more
#3 ·
Head sculpt is the best one yet! I don't regret getting the previous ones, like them all- but they do capture his likeness better each time. I wonder if they're coming out with any other characters from this film besides Loki & Thor, such as the dark elves?

Looks like this one comes with the extra dark colored cape and sleeves, and the light-armored one is sans-sleeves but comes with a bigger more elaborate stand.

#5 ·
Glad I saw this figure before I finished my custom version of this armour or it would need a repaint!:wink Loving the black and gold!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.