One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Front Page News

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39
1:6 Junkie

Hot Toys DX13 T2 - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version)

Hot Toys returns to their Terminator 2: Judgment Day license with a new 1;6th scale deluxe action figure of the T-800, this time battle damaged. Aside from his film finale rugged good looks, this new figure Arnold includes a neat statue of the T-1000 in liquid metal form.

The DX13 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure features:

- Two (2) battle damaged head sculpts with detachable scalp and shock- damping in the head including:
. One (1) battle damaged head sculpt with Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) patented by Hot Toys Limited
. One (1) battle damaged head sculpt with rolling eyeballs with LED light in right eyeball (red light, battery operated)

- Advanced muscular body with over 30 points of articulation
- An additional interchangeable left battle damaged forearm

- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable gloved battle damaged palms including:
. One (1) pair for gun holding
. One (1) pair of fists
. One (1) pair of relaxed palms
. One (1) right palm with thumb up
. One (1) right palm for holding rod

Costume:

- Two (2) black leather-like battle damaged jackets including one (1) without left sleeve of forearm
- One (1) pair of battle damaged pants with belt
- One (1) battle damaged grey tee
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:

- One (1) bandolier
- One (1) grenade launcher with broken handle
- One (1) machine gun
- One (1) pistol
- Twelve (12) bullets

Accessories:

- One (1) rod
- One (1) 1/6th scale T-1000 statue in real-like liquid metal form
- Deluxe light-up figure stand with T-800 nameplate, the movie logo and DX series title

Special Edition – Bonus Accessory (for selected markets only):

- One (1) 1/6th scale alternate T-1000 head sculpt in real-like liquid metal form

Artists:

- Head Sculpted by Yulli & K.A. Kim
- Damage Part Sculpted by T.J. Cha
- Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by Kojun
- Costume Advised by Hai Lim

Release Date: Q2 – Q3, 2013

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for figure and figure stand, button cells are required
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS
Old 11-16-2012, 14:56
OSW Member

Re: Hot Toys DX13 T2 - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version)

I love the damaged head with the exposed red eye. I have wanted this head sculpt ever since I got the original MM01 Terminator way back when. Really hoped the T2, or even T1 Arnold versions would come with a head like this. Or at the very least the reissued T2 DX that just came out (which I am so glad I did not get based on what I have seen compared to the others).

All that said, when I expected it to be $200 I was set to preorder it, but then I click on it and see the $304.99 at Sideshow and $299.99 at BigBad and I just can't do it. This is the first "must own" piece for me that I simply can not justify the price. He doesn't even come with the minigun (I know different part of the movie, but still...), which was the only interesting thing about the DX version.
Old 11-16-2012, 15:00
OSW Member

Its amazing but incredibly expensive. Doesnt make a difference because im going to buy it regardless. Cant wait to see a edward furlong john connor, and a michael biehn kyle reese.
Old 11-16-2012, 16:13
noob

I don't remember him having that knee damage in the movie. It doesn't look like an effect they could have achieved at the time.
Old 11-16-2012, 19:24
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red4 View Post
I don't remember him having that knee damage in the movie. It doesn't look like an effect they could have achieved at the time.
Rewatch the movie. They did achieved that at that time.

Itīs James Cameron we talking here...
Old 11-16-2012, 21:13
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparkernypd View Post
Rewatch the movie. They did achieved that at that time.

Itīs James Cameron we talking here...
What I meant is, I don't remember the effect looking like that, with so much exposure along the circumference of the knee. I can't find any screenshots from the movie, but NECA's toy photos show that it was mostly the front of the knee that was damaged, with the pants being largely intact to hide Arnold's real leg.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:49
me like toys!!!

Headsculpts are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Wow, best since God Father.. Their first Arnold release will have to be my ONLY acquisition because they're asking for waaaaaaaaaaay too much paper for it. For those who decide to pick it up congrats, you'll be getting a sick set.

Last edited by humanbeingill; 11-17-2012 at 09:01. Reason: added comments
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57
Ichimo

Musta getta 'his one...BABY....!!!

Sean Archer: Well, if you are Sean Archer, then I must be Castor Troy.
Old 11-30-2012, 22:55
OSW Member

$300 is definitely steep, for a battle damaged version. I'm not sure if a lightup eye puts it in the $300 dollar price range but definitely a cool feature. I think I could justify the price if it came with an additional body. I'm probably going to hold off on the pre-order at least until I see what the new versions of Robocop and ED209 look like.
Old 11-30-2012, 23:29
OSW Member

I agree...
$300 action figures are crazy stuff...
And as a consequence I am cutting back elsewhere...

The way I "figure" it, there is only one more Terminator collectible I am getting after the BD T-800...
...and that is the 1/6 endo when it comes out, since I am really only interested in the T2 Terminator movie...plus the endo...

And Hot Toys producing a Harley Fatboy is a pipe dream, imo...

My wallet is bleeding and that has to stop...

T2 T-800...check...
T2 Sarah...check...
T2 T-1000...check...
New Bright Harley Fat Boy...check...
1/6 endo...pending...

Hmmm...I forgot T2 John Connor!...
<hip pocket nerve pinch>

But lets be realistic...
These collectibles are worth something, so in a pinch, they can be sold to recoup some dosh...
Old 12-01-2012, 02:32
me like toys!!!

Damn, a Hot Toys Harley Davidson would be so sweet.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06
Ichimo

why not throw in the police helicopter or police bike...!

Sean Archer: Well, if you are Sean Archer, then I must be Castor Troy.
Old 12-09-2012, 14:27
OSW Member

I'm not even a big Terminator or Schwarzenegger fan but I bought the T-800 a couple of years ago simply because it was a nice figure. I skipped on the DX because the sculpt is a tad awkward and it's not enough of an improvement for me to throw that kind of money at again. When I saw this revealed it actually piqued my interest and I liked the battle damage head with the light-up eye enough that I thought skipping the DX and opting for this would be a perfect solution and a fine companion to my MMS.

THEN I SAW THE PRICE TAG! Damn, that is expensive! Really really absurd. It's now a clear pass for me. I'm glad I'm not a hardcore Terminator or Schwarzenegger fans so it's an easier decision for me. I really feel bad for the fans who have been hoping for this for so long. I wonder if they will al bite the bullet and just go for it with eyes closed or whether some will have to pass and remain depressed about the decision for years. This figure really should not have been more than $250 and so at $300 after shipping and taxes most buyers will be out around $400. Is that reasonable? I'm just asking the fans out there?
Old 12-09-2012, 18:04
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by histrionics View Post
Is that reasonable? I'm just asking the fans out there?
It is reasonable (meaning I will be buying it and have pre-purchased) because I have reasoned that, all things considered, I will get it...and I am more than happy to pay the price even tho it is a shocker...

As a consequence of the obscene price, however, I am cutting back in other areas and won't be branching out to other action figures. (I would have consider buying Steiner and Patton that would be comparable in cost with postage).
It is a matter of resource management...

The other thing to consider is that you are buying an investment that can be resold later on if need be and, if you don't get all your money back, you should get most...
In the meantime you have the enjoyment of having the work of art.

Personally speaking, I could have done without the silver T-1000.
This has significantly added to the obscene price tag...
However, since I don't "play" with my collectibles, they should hold their value well.

>>>
Old 12-09-2012, 22:51
me like toys!!!

I'd like to add that as far as value or "perceived value" is concerned, if you look at what a good Hot Toys headsculpt is going for on, lets say ebay... you'll quickly see that the MSRP quickly become a reasonable price. A parted set could yield quite a profit. Now, do I think the asking prices are a bit high?... of course, however like the previous member stated, these things appreciate or at least the investment can be recouped. The TWO sculpts that come with this set can EASILY go for $100+ each in an auction, so with THAT said its a good buy GRANTED you do a preorder and get the best price possible.
Old 12-11-2012, 19:18
OSW Member

I think Hot Toys has a good read on their customers. They know there is plenty of demand for this figure so $280 is pricey but since everybody has all the other Terminator figures they're still going to pre-order this one.
Old 03-13-2013, 16:52
me like toys!!!

After months of back and forth wavering I've decided to pass on this figure. Reason being I have the first two which actually compliment each other. The real reason being the hero "dies" in this one, T-800 turns over a new leaf via Cyberdyne chip removal then gets his ..... headed to him by T-1000 which sucked.... Don't wanna commemorate that. Lol
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeingill View Post
After months of back and forth wavering I've decided to pass on this figure. Reason being I have the first two which actually compliment each other. The real reason being the hero "dies" in this one, T-800 turns over a new leaf via Cyberdyne chip removal then gets his ..... headed to him by T-1000 which sucked.... Don't wanna commemorate that. Lol
big terminator fan myself, I personally think you were right the first time, if anything kills this for me it's the price. I have already pre-ordered this months ago, but every time I see that 300 price tag, the more insane I think it is to charge this much for a toy or whatever anyone choose to call it. I am about 90% SURE I am going to cancel my order.....as much as I will regret it, I just don't see 300 worth here, maybe had they thrown in a less damaged body with it, I would say yeah I got my money's worth...but a extra head, and jacket don't constitute 300 for me....just saying.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25
OSW Member

This figure is fantastic! absoluty perfect... If the T-1000 could have an figure as well then it will be great. Well Done!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:43
OSW Member

I wish they would re-release another Kyle Reese! That rhymed! Seriously though, I love Michael Biehn!