One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Front Page News

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 08:39
1:6 Junkie

Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - CATWOMAN

Hot Toys[/b] continues to release characters from this summer's hit motion picture The Dark Knight Rises with their latest 1:6th scale figure offering: Selina Kyle/ Catwoman.

The collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Anne Hathaway as the prominent character Selina Kyle/ Catwoman, highlighting the movie-accurate head sculpt, hair implantation, highly detailed costume and accessories.

The 1/6th scale Selina Kyle/ Catwoman Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/ Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises movie
- Real fabric hair implantation in long brown straight hair
- TrueType body with over 28 points of articulations
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including:
. One (1) pair of relaxed palms
. One (1) pair of fists
. One (1) pair for riding Bat-pod
. One (1) right palm for holding pistol

Costume:
- One (1) set of one-piece black patterned jumpsuit with belt
- One (1) pair of black high-heel boots

Weapon:
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of googles
- Figure stand with patterns of water drops, with Selina Kyle/ Catwoman nameplate and the movie logo

Special Edition Bonus Accessory (for selected markets only):
- One (1) 1/6th scale Batman mask

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by K.A. Kim
- Head Painted by JC.HONG
- Head Art Directed by Kojun

Release Date: Q1, 2013

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS
Old 08-31-2012, 08:51
OSW Member

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - CATWOMAN

Absolutely stunning. This is a masterpiece in every detail of the figure. Her proportionate hourglass figure is gorgeous; best female figure of to date. As much as I want to include this figure in my collection, unfortunately HT has become "Look but no touch" hobby. I'm the average man/collector that HT managed to kick out of the game. Impossible to afford this anymore. Each HT figure is equvelent to near 1/3 of my income/wage.

Last edited by colossus; 08-31-2012 at 09:01.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:17
me like toys!!!

Thumbs up Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - CATWOMAN

ABSOLUTELY amazing... simply prefect. Anyone who would mistake this for a doll doesn't know the meaning of art. Accessories.. ZILCH, at least a stolen pearl necklace would have been cute. I'm sure this &!th will be in $200 territory and I sympathize with the previous guy, but I'll find a way to pay for this, I need to go on a diet anyway.. eating is over rated EASILY thee figure of the year
Old 08-31-2012, 11:35
OSW Member

Googles are still sitting too high. Tilting them back a bit more may help. Being able to tilt back and slide down would certainly do it.

Looks like there is a lot of poseability even with the tight suit. I agree that the pearl necklace would be a great touch.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:18
OSW Member

Accessories includes 1 pair googles??! So the mask comes off??! I need answers!!!!~
Old 08-31-2012, 14:21
me like toys!!!

Now walk with me here folks, thinking like a sinister, money hungry, industry dominating toy company bent on world domination such as HOT TOYS, you think a Selena Kyle MAID OUTFIT (maybe an exclusive with PEARLS) might be likely? I thinks HOT TOYS will milk this one dry, and I'll have my cup ready!

Last edited by humanbeingill; 08-31-2012 at 14:23. Reason: spelling
Old 08-31-2012, 16:39
OSW Member

She's up on BigBad for $180.
Sideshow with mask is $195.
Old 08-31-2012, 16:57
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus View Post
Absolutely stunning. This is a masterpiece in every detail of the figure. Her proportionate hourglass figure is gorgeous; best female figure of to date. As much as I want to include this figure in my collection, unfortunately HT has become "Look but no touch" hobby. I'm the average man/collector that HT managed to kick out of the game. Impossible to afford this anymore. Each HT figure is equvelent to near 1/3 of my income/wage.
I sympathize. Even though I am new to this site I have been collecting Hot Toys for years. When they were averaging $130-$150, with the occaisional $200 ED 209 or Powerloader, it was one thing. They were also releasing items at a much slower pace back then, so you could actually save up. These days they are releasing multiple items in the same months and $200 is the average low end price. And while the head sculpts seem to be more amazing with each release, the accessories seem to be minimalized more and more in comparison. I fear I may be joining you sooner than I want.
Old 08-31-2012, 17:10
Plastic Alchemist

I don't have any of the Bale Batman figures, but I WILL have this!!! Unrivaled artwork.... some of those shots look like she's alive... pure artistry, indeed.
Old 08-31-2012, 17:11
firefighterUK

Have to have this in my Dark Knight collection.
Old 08-31-2012, 17:12
i believe in harvey dent

since all i am collecting is ht's nolan's dark knight, i feel totally compelled to just buy her and eat it. i blew it before on joker dx and don't want a repeat of scrambling to pick something up if they decide not to make a dx or alternate version and it's sold out.

either way you end up paying twice, might as well get two complete figures outta it.

: o p
Old 08-31-2012, 17:58
OSW Member

As a word of advice to the new people collecting. If money is the biggest issue u have with placing an order, dont worry about it. I only order from two places, sideshow and bbts. U can always place an order and cancel it later, just watch out for the non refund deposit fee for expensive items. So u can stop sweating over if the item u want is going to sell out before u change ur mind and regret it. "Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life." Ive been collecting hot toys since the scar pred was released, and now i own more than 80 hot toys. Addicted for life, and i have no regrets.
Old 08-31-2012, 21:07
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by matta8561 View Post
U can always place an order and cancel it later...
true 'nuff. neither selina nor bane require a deposit.

hmmmm....
Old 09-01-2012, 02:50
Batmaniac

It has less accessories, they should include the Batman mask for the regular edition since it's around $200. I think the open palms are too flat and the body is too thin like a Barbie doll. Btw, I think it should be spelled "goggles."

Anyway, I still love the HS, too bad the mask is non-removable for some Selina Kyle bashes.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:20
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
the body is too thin like a Barbie doll.
...just like Anne Hathaway!

actually, if the body were barbie-sized that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. there are some nice upper-end 40s-style clothes out there that would be very chic on her.

though from the looks of it, you'd never get a slim barbie skirt over those hips without some modifications.

i guess i should've learned to sew long before now.
Old 09-01-2012, 15:31
OSW Member

@vailus: It hasn't been that long, 3 years ago, that HT wasn't as well known like today. I'm not sure if their popularity has generated more income. Based on the amount of "in-stock" merchandises that SCC has on virtually every figure that came out. They still have them in-stock. Not many people can afford it. I wish they would keep it affordable. I still keep up with what comes out and post my interests and opinions but it aint the same as waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Oh yah, compared to the amount of accessories that used give, today you get hardly anything. We're paying more and getting less.
Old 09-01-2012, 21:05
Batmaniac

@Lastintheirclass: yeah, all 1/6 bodies are a little thinner so any clothes you put on wouldn't look too bulky. To lower development costs for the Catwoman figure, all HT had to do was sculpt a head that will be proportionate to one of their existing TrueType female bodies and the way I see it there was a miscalculation -- the head got a little too big (or maybe the thick hair and goggles give the illusion of size?)

Anyway, if the Cat mask was removable, there would be a lot of custom possibilities with the separately-sold Barbie outfits and I'll probably get one of those Phicen seamless bodies.
Old 09-03-2012, 18:13
Ichimo

Just gonna add this HT version to my Takara Catwoman collection next year then, this product is gonna be sick!

Sean Archer: Well, if you are Sean Archer, then I must be Castor Troy.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36
1:6 Junkie

A+ on skulpt for Anne's face. Great Job.
Old 05-18-2013, 19:58
Brand 74

I like how no one really pushed out the advertising on this really. 1st class all the way.
Old 05-19-2013, 15:48
1:6 Dealer

It's nice and everythnig, but with the barebone accessories, it's a bit difficult to swallow that $180+ price tag. After all, we don't just collect picture accurate HS, they are called action figure for a reason. Being able to swap various parts and change poses is, to me, at least half of the value. Otherwise we could just go get some nice statues.

Statues, Action Figures, Model Kits and More
Old 05-19-2013, 20:29
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby-Galaxy View Post
It's nice and everythnig, but with the barebone accessories, it's a bit difficult to swallow that $180+ price tag. After all, we don't just collect picture accurate HS, they are called action figure for a reason. Being able to swap various parts and change poses is, to me, at least half of the value. Otherwise we could just go get some nice statues.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:54
Brand 74

Is it just me or has anyone notice that HT seems to not push their advertisement's or give any, set in stone release dates? I never saw any of the larger online stores show her for preorder for very long. seems she was up for ten seconds then gone... now she's on a wait list only. First class of strange business in selling HT.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46
Brand 74

well I finally got her \,,/ now I like her very much the hair and mask was real fun. Thank you HT for making me find new cuss words putting the mask on lol. And did they have to make the goggle arms so small? I was scared I'd break them flipping up on the top of her head. good times shes staying put.
Old 09-01-2013, 22:00
Brand 74

GRRRRR! well mine just tipped over due to me dusting fell on her head now her goggles on one side arm broke at the little joint but it holds enough to hit but to lower them is not the same. oh well
Old 09-02-2013, 17:37
me like toys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
GRRRRR! well mine just tipped over due to me dusting fell on her head now her goggles on one side arm broke at the little joint but it holds enough to hit but to lower them is not the same. oh well
@#$%....
Old 09-06-2013, 21:35
OSW Member

That fig is a beaut!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:13
Ichimo

that mask...yum yum!

Sean Archer: Well, if you are Sean Archer, then I must be Castor Troy.