One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Front Page News

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 13:37
1:6 Junkie

Hot Toys Lt. Jim Gordon (S.W.A.T. Version)

Sideshow is now accepting pre-orders on one of Hot Toys' summer toy convention exclusives: Lt. Jim Gordon (S.W.A.T. Version).

Priced at $224.99 and scheduled to ship this September, this figure features:

* Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Gary Oldman as Lt. Jim Gordon in S.W.A.T. suit

* Five (5) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) left palm for gun holding and one (1) right palm for gun shooting
- One (1) left palm for putting on waist
- One (1) right palm for shaking hand
- One (1) pair of gloved fists
- One (1) left gloved palm for gun holding and one (1) right palm for gun shooting

* One (1) set of dark blue S.W.A.T. suit with shirt and pants with belt, knee pads, straps and small bag on thighs
* One (1) dark blue long-sleeved tee with G.C.P.D. logo
* One (1) S.W.A.T. black flak vest
* One (1) pair of black boots
* One (1) shotgun
* One (1) pistol with holster
* One (1) helmet
* Two (1) pairs of glasses including one (1) pair for S.W.A.T. suit and one (1) pair for casual wear
* One (1) pair of googles
* One (1) walkie talkie
* One (1) figure stand with Lt. Jim Gordon nameplate and the movie logo

* Sideshow Exclusive: The Lt. Gordon S.W.A.T. Version Sixth Scale Figure is Hot Toys' Summer Toy Fair Exclusive, offered to Sideshow Collectibles in a highly limited release!

MORE PHOTOS HERE
Old 07-30-2012, 18:01
OSW Member

Re: Hot Toys Lt. Jim Gordon (S.W.A.T. Version)

Have to admit if I have to decide on this or HT Ironman VII then I may just have to go for this as its head sculpt is alot closer than the stark one in HT Ironman VII
Old 08-01-2012, 12:05

i like regular gordon better but seeing how fast this sold out im pretty pissed i passed
Old 08-01-2012, 15:27
OSW Member

Yeah this guy went up in value before even being released, ToyHQ Sold one to me for 179 then the next day they said Sideshow was making them pay more for their batch so the price was going up to 189, but they said everyone who ordered at the original price they would honour that.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:43
Dark Pokemon of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshinwithya View Post
i like regular gordon better but seeing how fast this sold out im pretty pissed i passed
I was surprised, too. It sold out much faster than last year's Bruce/ Batman. I passed as well, expecting a regular version, later. I just don't need a SWAT version and for that price! These aren't even as limited as they used to be, so I can't see paying it for this particular variant. There's always the possibility people will cancel and it will become available again.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28

mine came today!
Old 08-04-2012, 15:58
OSW Member

looks pretty cool !

reminds me of the old 21st Century swat guy w/ mustache !

(forgot which one though, maybe it was the sheriff)
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08
UnderCover Ms.Zaytsev

Question You LUCKY Gordonites who already got this

where did you order from ???
- landing on the Korean Peninsula August 13th arbrh4#*%^@&((
Old 08-26-2012, 08:08
I'm an Agent of Chaos

Damn! Wished I would have waited and purchased Gordon instead of this Hot Toys Ghost Rider! Now I need to think about selling it or trading it for Gordon, and losing money in the process. Oh well... it's the price we pay in this hobby sometimes.
Old 08-26-2012, 16:05
i believe in harvey dent

i know some people feel grousy about the SWAT uniform, but this was the release that turned me into a 1:6 junkie. i might have been able to resist buying everything else if there hadn't been this.

and gordon is just awesome ~ no matter what he wears.

: D
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot Daquiri View Post
looks pretty cool !

reminds me of the old 21st Century swat guy w/ mustache !

(forgot which one though, maybe it was the sheriff)

I know exactly what you were talking about! I still have that and I once thought of doing a Gordon using that head. Of course that would have sucked big time compared to this.
Old 08-27-2012, 18:57
I'm an Agent of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastintheirclass View Post
i know some people feel grousy about the SWAT uniform, but this was the release that turned me into a 1:6 junkie. i might have been able to resist buying everything else if there hadn't been this.

and gordon is just awesome ~ no matter what he wears.

You will love the sculpt. I have seen it in person. It is one of their best in a while, plus it's Gordon!
Old 08-27-2012, 19:03
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker's Wild View Post
You will love the sculpt. I have seen it in person. It is one of their best in a while, plus it's Gordon!
yay!

so happy he's shipping soon and not in december like the others. i've already started piecing together a non-SWAT set of clothes for him, though i am having trouble finding just the right trenchcoat.

gives me something to do while i'm waiting ~ ha!
Old 08-27-2012, 20:16
I'm an Agent of Chaos

Quote:
yay!

so happy he's shipping soon and not in december like the others. i've already started piecing together a non-SWAT set of clothes for him, though i am having trouble finding just the right trenchcoat.

gives me something to do while i'm waiting ~ ha!
I honestly think we will see a Commissioner Version sometime next year. At least I hope so.
Old 08-27-2012, 21:00
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
I honestly think we will see a Commissioner Version sometime next year. At least I hope so.
definitely seen the speculation ~ i'd be okay with that. probably buy it too!
Old 08-28-2012, 00:55
I'm an Agent of Chaos

Quote:
definitely seen the speculation ~ i'd be okay with that. probably buy it too!
For sure! Trying to locate a Swat Gordon too. I snoozed on the preorder.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
For sure! Trying to locate a Swat Gordon too. I snoozed on the preorder.
he literally sold out in three days, so it was easy to miss. i normally lollygag on these decisions, but like i said before, he was the one i wanted first, so i did not hesitate to snatch him up the instant i got the alert from sideshow ~ though i was pretty amazed at how expensive these things are nowadays (it's been years since i've bought anything through sideshow).

even worse, the markup is atrocious ~ good luck finding one at a reasonable price!
Old 08-28-2012, 17:27
I'm an Agent of Chaos

Quote:
he literally sold out in three days, so it was easy to miss. i normally lollygag on these decisions, but like i said before, he was the one i wanted first, so i did not hesitate to snatch him up the instant i got the alert from sideshow ~ though i was pretty amazed at how expensive these things are nowadays (it's been years since i've bought anything through sideshow).

even worse, the markup is atrocious ~ good luck finding one at a reasonable price!
Sideshow just contacted me and said I have am off the waitlist. Only issue now is that I have this Ghost Rider figure I need to sell. I just Paid for Joker, Bats, and Bane in full. And thought Ghost Rider was a cool figure. If I could get $300 for him i would take it
And he is going for much more. Lol
Old 08-28-2012, 18:31
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Sideshow just contacted me and said I have am off the waitlist. Only issue now is that I have this Ghost Rider figure I need to sell. I just Paid for Joker, Bats, and Bane in full. And thought Ghost Rider was a cool figure. If I could get $300 for him i would take it
And he is going for much more. Lol
well then it's working out half-way so far, right?

kinda-sorta off topic: i was a huge fan of the original ghost rider, but can't stomach what marvel's done with him (and have been boycotting most things marvel ever since, alas). if they made a classic johnny blaze ghost rider, i would certainly give it a glance.

i've kinda reconciled myself to sticking with nolan's batman universe insofar as these things are concerned ~ just to force some parameters. otherwise i would have already bought all the thor characters too probably.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:13
i believe in harvey dent

what the heck? is sideshow ever going to ship this thing?

anybody else still waiting for a shipping notice? i got charged for this last tuesday!
Old 09-12-2012, 20:23
OSW Member

Quote:

anybody else still waiting for a shipping notice? i got charged for this last tuesday!
Got mine from Sideshow today.
Old 09-12-2012, 21:05
i believe in harvey dent

okay now i'm cranky. i ordered this 7/27 within hours of its availability!

beh.

vailus ~ hope you share some pics, impressions, etc. will have to live vicariously through others for the time being evidently.

Old 09-13-2012, 00:22
soldiers addict

cool, but I don't like the police really
Old 09-13-2012, 03:12
Dark Pokemon of the Sith

Quote:

They've really been slacking, lately. It used to be, they'd charge you and ship same day. I've got a couple flex pays they charged me the final payments for 3 days ago and they haven't shipped, yet. They lay off some warehouse staff or else not hire enough new ones?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23
i believe in harvey dent

this is maddening. i'll be out of town next week and i expected to have it by now. now i will likely have to make arrangements for someone else to pick it up and won't get him until the 26th.

feh.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28
Dark Pokemon of the Sith

Quote:
this is maddening. i'll be out of town next week and i expected to have it by now. now i will likely have to make arrangements for someone else to pick it up and won't get him until the 26th.

feh.
If you register with UPS, you can have it held for pickup or other arrangements. I often use this service.
Old 09-13-2012, 14:13
OIF Vet and Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hobby View Post
cool, but I don't like the police really
Nice comment. Now get off your podium and go back into lurk mode where you belong.

Didn't realize my Wait List was converted over until I got a confirmation email saying an item has shipped through UPS. Thinking it was Angelica, I took a look and notice my surprise when I saw it was Gordon. This will look good with my TDK Joker.
Old 09-13-2012, 16:24
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pikachu View Post
If you register with UPS, you can have it held for pickup or other arrangements. I often use this service.
yeah i finally sent sideshow an email ~ apparently if you nag them, they will tell you your item is on the truck and will be out tomorrow. guess i should have nagged them on monday. still no "official" notice though. was told i should receive one tonight. still cranky that people i know who were on the waitlist originally already have it in hand! that seems kinda uncool, though i'm sure it's not really sideshow's fault.

hopefully it'll make it before i leave. fingers crossed!
Old 09-13-2012, 20:26
OSW Member

Just got mine from Sideshow today. Oddly I'm a bit unimpressed and at first thought I might sell it. The helmet and goggles don't even fit the head and are merely satellite accessories. I like the head sculpt fine but the SWAT uniform is doing nothing to fulfill my interest in having a definitive Gordon. Not to mention the ridiculous price on this - I'm out almost $275 after shipping and duties to FedEx. Now that they have this sculpt, after years of fan nagging, there will no doubt be a trench coat Gordon one day soon. Patience will be a virtue and reward for those who skipped this expensive exclusive non-definitive version.

To those who are still waiting from Sideshow I suggest calling them. I think they are getting a bunch of stuff in like the Angelica figure and are consolidating orders into single bundle shipments. That's what happened to me until I canceled the Angelica and just stuck with the Gordon. A couple of weeks ago my order upgraded to "Shipping Soon" then my order just sat there forever. Last week it went to "CANCELED" and I freaked! I looked into it and my Gordon got bundled into my Angelica but then it still continued to just sit in limbo with no progress. I called Sideshow on Monday and suddenly everything got expedited by Tuesday. Apparently the Gordon shipment was delayed at customs for Sideshow to receive them and only got them in stock a couple of days ago.

Last edited by histrionics; 09-13-2012 at 21:01.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:22
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by histrionics View Post
To those who are still waiting from Sideshow I suggest calling them.
yes, it seems clear to me that they are responding to the inquiries and letting stuff sit otherwise (for whatever reasons). got my shipping notice last night after contacting them but it still won't arrive until the 19th. Others have said theirs arrived a day early, so there's a slim chance I might get this before I leave town, but it's going to be really close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by histrionics View Post
Just got mine from Sideshow today. Oddly I'm a bit unimpressed and at first thought I might sell it.
reactions seem to be polarized for the reasons you state. for me, putting together a plainclothes Gordon seems easy enough ~ i figure having the SWAT gear was just a bonus anyway. it's not like Gordon had one suit or one coat in the movie that would be so specific/identifiable anyway. he didn't even wear a trenchcoat in tdkr. or maybe i just really like gary oldman and his portrayal of the character and don't care ~ ha!

i wish, like others have mentioned, that they would just sell suit sets for these characters anyway (bruce wayne, etc.). less expense, more fun.