One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Front Page News

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 16:17
OSW Member

Re: Hot Toys Lt. Jim Gordon (S.W.A.T. Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastintheirclass View Post

reactions seem to be polarized for the reasons you state. for me, putting together a plainclothes Gordon seems easy enough ~ i figure having the SWAT gear was just a bonus anyway. it's not like Gordon had one suit or one coat in the movie that would be so specific/identifiable anyway. he didn't even wear a trenchcoat in tdkr. or maybe i just really like gary oldman and his portrayal of the character and don't care ~ ha!

i wish, like others have mentioned, that they would just sell suit sets for these characters anyway (bruce wayne, etc.). less expense, more fun.

: D
Yeah, it just feels like a really good Jim Gordon head sculpt on a generic SWAT body like you'd find from some other company. It's not a big deal, and obviously I knew what I was buying when I ordered, but in hand it just looks like a kit bash rather than a $225 exclusive. Again, the head sculpt is great but from the neck down it just doesn't feel iconic.

I won't disassemble the whole thing to bash a trench coat version because it's too much trouble and money to buy another body and all the necessary clothes. Not to mention most 3rd party clothes can be quite poorly made while the nicer stuff will cost upwards of $100 to get all the needed garments. I'll wait until Hot Toys makes the Commissioner version, and I think we all know it will come one day.

Hey, in comparison, you know what's funny? Less than 3 years ago I paid less money, $199, for the first Joker DX 01 and got a perfect Joker out of it PLUS an alias police officer version. For another $35 I got a slim shoulder body and was able to bash two perfectly good Jokers, one iconic and one non-iconic, out of the single purchase. I stack that up against this Gordon and maybe that's where my sour puss attitude is coming from.
Old 09-14-2012, 17:15
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by histrionics View Post
, in comparison, you know what's funny? Less than 3 years ago I paid less money, $199, for the first Joker DX 01 and got a perfect Joker out of it PLUS an alias police officer version. For another $35 I got a slim shoulder body and was able to bash two perfectly good Jokers, one iconic and one non-iconic, out of the single purchase. I stack that up against this Gordon and maybe that's where my sour puss attitude is coming from.
i hear you ~ definitely a different perspective for me since i paid more to fill in the releases I missed, so Gordon is practically cheap and Selina & Bane might as well be free in my own world of comparisons!

i am likely less particular too since i am just giddy that they make these things at all.

Old 09-15-2012, 18:06
OSW Member

Quote:
Just got mine from Sideshow today. Oddly I'm a bit unimpressed and at first thought I might sell it. The helmet and goggles don't even fit the head and are merely satellite accessories. I like the head sculpt fine but the SWAT uniform is doing nothing to fulfill my interest in having a definitive Gordon. Not to mention the ridiculous price on this - I'm out almost $275 after shipping and duties to FedEx. Now that they have this sculpt, after years of fan nagging, there will no doubt be a trench coat Gordon one day soon. Patience will be a virtue and reward for those who skipped this expensive exclusive non-definitive version.
I have to agree with you. There is nothing special about the SWAT outfit, and parting out all the SWAT items would still translate into a very expensive, very nice head sculpt. Completists might like the whole figure but many people will end up paying $200+ for a head to kitbash a commissioner.
Old 09-16-2012, 19:28
Batmaniac

I was hoping for a Gordon kitbash with parted out items at eBay:

1. Jim Gordon head - (biddings may end at around $150)
2. Normal eyeglasses - (biddings may end at around $30)
3. Generic men's suit (probably from TTL) - $50

Add shipping, it may total $280+++. With that price I could buy an HT Ghost Rider (something I've always wanted.) I'll just wait for Hot Toys to produce a Commissioner Gordon. HT has done it before (and they sure know how to make a profit), take parts from an existing figure and add new ones to make a new figure, like the Batman Begins Bruce Wayne Exclusive.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:49
1:6 Junkie

Hey guys

Any idea where I get a fitting brown trench coat for a commissioner kitbash?

Found some khaki and grey trenchcoats on eBay by wildtoys...but nothing dark - This in brown would be hot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wild-Toys-1-...item3f1bbcae20

Cheers
Old 09-18-2012, 03:48

Hey Guys, any idea where to get a good brown trench coat? On eBay i Found an offer of a wild toys trench, but only in colors khaki and grey.

Any alternatives in brown for a commissioner gordon kitbash?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:33
i believe in harvey dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenom0rph View Post
Hey Guys, any idea where to get a good brown trench coat?
i'm still looking for one too ~ haven't liked any i have come across.

also: according to my tracking number, my gordon bypassed me 400 miles and went to illinois ~ what the heck? this shipping nonsense is giving me shingles. meanwhile, the waitlisters have had this (some since last friday). is sideshow's shipping usually this obnoxious? if the answer is yes, it's all good and fine; i'ii know for next time. but i'm still annoyed.

: o p
Old 09-19-2012, 14:27
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
I was hoping for a Gordon kitbash with parted out items at eBay:

1. Jim Gordon head - (biddings may end at around $150)
2. Normal eyeglasses - (biddings may end at around $30)
3. Generic men's suit (probably from TTL) - $50

Add shipping, it may total $280+++. With that price I could buy an HT Ghost Rider (something I've always wanted.) I'll just wait for Hot Toys to produce a Commissioner Gordon. HT has done it before (and they sure know how to make a profit), take parts from an existing figure and add new ones to make a new figure, like the Batman Begins Bruce Wayne Exclusive.
PM if you are interested in a HT Ghost Rider as I'm thinking of selling mine.

BACK ON TOPIC...

I just received my Gordon and I havent opened it yet, but I've thought a lot about just reselling it as the iconic Gordon look would be much better.
Old 09-19-2012, 19:45
OSW Member

Quote:
Yeah, it just feels like a really good Jim Gordon head sculpt on a generic SWAT body like you'd find from some other company. It's not a big deal, and obviously I knew what I was buying when I ordered, but in hand it just looks like a kit bash rather than a $225 exclusive. Again, the head sculpt is great but from the neck down it just doesn't feel iconic.
For what it's worth to anyone, this is very accurate. I knew I was only buying it for the Gary Oldman head sculpt, but actually having it in my hands, I have to say the actual worth of just getting the head sculpt for the price is still a tough call. I can't look at him without wondering if I screwed up by not just waiting for a most probable future rerelease of a more "in character" version. It is a very good sculpt, no doubt, but no matter how you position him, without the iconic trenchcoat, or at least suit and tie (which you can try to find seperate, but I am talking about as a whole), he just does not scream Gordon the way I think most people will want. Maybe just me.
Old 09-19-2012, 20:37
i believe in harvey dent

i am probably in the minority on this: the SWAT suit stood out for me in TDK the way joker in the honor guard uniform stood out ~ precisely because it was out of the norm. i can make Gordon look like Gordon any old day. i like the variation and having him as more of an "action" hero in this mode, even though i will probably put him in a dress shirt and tie for the most part, regardless.

and i finally got him today (yay!), but i can't open him because i have to hit the road to visit family (arghhh!) ~ taking him with me, though, and will enjoy playing show and tell tomorrow!

Old 09-22-2012, 19:09
OSW Member

Just put Gordon's head on another body, and give him a suit/trench coat. The use this to make a cool SWAT officer to back him up.

Thats my plan anyway. I already have a kit-bashed GCPD patrol officer, so the three should look really good together eventually.

Regards
Old 09-26-2012, 22:21
1:6 Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaj View Post
Just put Gordon's head on another body, and give him a suit/trench coat. The use this to make a cool SWAT officer to back him up.

Thats my plan anyway. I already have a kit-bashed GCPD patrol officer, so the three should look really good together eventually.

Regards

Like this?

Spencer
Old 09-28-2012, 12:59
OSW Member

Your Gordon looks great.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:57
Batmaniac

There's finally a clothes set for those planning a Gordon bash, it comes with its own Gordon head too:

http://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com...om-figure.html
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16
i believe in harvey dent

sweet! i tried googling, but only got the site you refer to; where can you buy this?

Last edited by lastintheirclass; 09-30-2012 at 08:19. Reason: stupid misspelling
Old 09-29-2012, 15:48

Got my custom stuff to do a kitbash:

Asmustoys Detective Somerset suit and a wildtoys khaki trenchoat to do a little commissioner kitbash. Its not movie accurate, but I like the look at least. It's more of the batman animated style:

Old 09-30-2012, 04:51
Batmaniac

Quote:
sweet! i tried googling, but only got the site you refer to; where can you by this?

I think it's available at Cotswold Collectibles, it's in their Facebook page but not yet in their main website:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cotswo...type=1&theater
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21
i believe in harvey dent

thanks! someone on the sideshow forums said the same. wonder when it will be available (and slightly nervous about the price tag).

Old 10-02-2012, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker's Wild View Post
Sideshow just contacted me and said I have am off the waitlist. Only issue now is that I have this Ghost Rider figure I need to sell. I just Paid for Joker, Bats, and Bane in full. And thought Ghost Rider was a cool figure. If I could get $300 for him i would take it
And he is going for much more. Lol
Joker, you still have that ghost rider? I have a Gordon if your interested.
Old 10-16-2012, 19:26
OSW Member

Finally got mine! Wasn't too happy with the long neck so I shortened it a bit. Also added some gear.

Still a work in progress.

Added some extra SWAT members
Old 10-16-2012, 19:28
OSW Member

Hope you got some moves, pal!

Old 10-16-2012, 19:29
i believe in harvey dent

argh! cutting the neck just freaks me out, but you made it look great here. how did you manage to get the helmet on his head? i didn't even bother trying after seeing the reviews.

nice squad you have there ~ very cool!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:11
me like toys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenom0rph View Post
Hey guys

Any idea where I get a fitting brown trench coat for a commissioner kitbash?

Found some khaki and grey trenchcoats on eBay by wildtoys...but nothing dark - This in brown would be hot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wild-Toys-1-...item3f1bbcae20

Cheers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/mc0226-Dark-...item5aea551b47

Or go to ebay.com type in mc0226 dark brown mid-length trench coat. Just picked this up for totally different figure.. There's also an auction starting at $8.99 of this ending soon..

Last edited by humanbeingill; 10-17-2012 at 07:24. Reason: add link
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeingill View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/mc0226-Dark-...item5aea551b47

Or go to ebay.com type in mc0226 dark brown mid-length trench coat. Just picked this up for totally different figure.. There's also an auction starting at $8.99 of this ending soon..

Or you can wait until HT releases another Commissioner Gordon and pay $200.00. lol
Old 12-13-2012, 13:53
OSW Member

How the hell did you get the helmet on his head without it looking awkward or damaging the paint?? The accessories and mods look amazing, great job. Though I agree with some of the other post, for the price its really not an iconic version of Gordon. To most casual Batman fans they probably wouldn't even remember Gordon running around in a SWAT outfit. I can vaguely remember myself.
Old 12-13-2012, 14:09
i believe in harvey dent

i believe he removed the lining, straps, etc. from inside the helmet. he posted what he did on ssf forums some time back.

Old 05-03-2013, 19:42
OSW Member

Does anyone know if the zip ties are easily removable or are they real zip ties where you need to cut them to remove?
Old 05-03-2013, 20:31
i believe in harvey dent

they are like real zip ties, but i believe you could probably get them off it you wanted to (with a little patience). you can see from the pictures above that they are textured, but not as angled in the tooth as real zip ties.

i never put mine on, though, so i can't say definitively.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43
OSW Member

Quote:
they are like real zip ties, but i believe you could probably get them off it you wanted to (with a little patience). you can see from the pictures above that they are textured, but not as angled in the tooth as real zip ties.

i never put mine on, though, so i can't say definitively.
Ok cool. I was afraid to secure them and then not be able to remove them if I wanted to so I wanted to make sure first. Turns it they come out pretty easily too. Thanks, mate!
Old 05-04-2013, 15:18
OSW Member

Another question I want to ask: is anyone else's GCPD SWAT emblem/patch on his left shoulder peeling off? Is there an easy fix to this?

Last edited by dw316; 05-04-2013 at 16:35.