One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

DX12 - The Dark Knight Rises: 1:6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne Figure

General News 
13K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  lastintheirclass 
#1 ·

The Dark Knight Rises movie is coming in just two weeks and it shall be the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. Celebrating the launch of this movie, Hot Toys presents the most movie-accurate 1:6th scale DX Batman/ Bruce Wayne Collectible Figure.

The Batman/ Bruce Wayne collectible is newly developed and highly detailed, specially crafted based on the image of Christian Bale as the iconic character Batman/ Bruce Wayne, highlighting the movie-accurate head sculpt, Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) on Batman's head, specially made fabric costume with armor based on the costume design in the movie, weapons and accessories.

The 1:6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne Collectible Figure, due out fourth quarter 2012, features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Batman/ Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight Rises movie
- Two (2) interchangeable heads including:
- One (1) Batman head with patented Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) and three (3) interchangeable lower part of faces capturing his classic facial expressions

- One (1) newly developed head sculpt of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the movie with accurate facial expression, detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Batman body with 32 points of articulation
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable gloved palms including:
. One (1) pair of fists
. One (1) pair of relaxed palms
. One (1) left open palm
. One (1) right palm for holding batarang

Costume :
- One (1) newly developed complex Batsuit featuring fabric costume covered with armor
- One (1) cape
- Two (2) interchangeable belts including one (1) detailed utility belt with cell phone and accessories and one (1) magnet featured utility belt attaching to the sticky bomb gun
- One (1) pair of forearm gauntlets
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:
- One (1) grapnel gun
- One (1) transformable sticky bomb gun
- One (1) light-up electronic gun
- Two (2) batarangs
- Two (2) mini mines

Accessories:
- (1) adaptor for connecting Batman and Batpod
- One (1) deluxe stone-like light-up figure stand with steps, Batman/ Bruce Wayne nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC.HONG
- Head Art Directed by JC.HONG

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Bruce Wayne head sculpt: Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Battery included for light-up electronic gun, button cells (3 pieces) are required
**Battery not included for figure stand, 3A batteries (3 pieces) are required

See less See more
#12 ·
I totally agree. Look at the price of that mediocre "The Last Stand" Wolverine figure from HT. It lacks so much in accessories for the price. I know Wolverine doesn't have or use many things in the films, so maybe pricing like the First Avenger Captain America should suffice. As for the pricing of Bats.... I think it is little up there, but not too bad. I paid for mine in full (including shipping) and it came to $235. Can't wait till December.

#18 ·
I wanna get this soOoOoOoO bad but I just can't justify it on account I have the previous two Dark Knight releases. Although the costume is "Spandex based" (think HT Spidey) and will offer superior poseability, it wouldn't really matter because I rarely pose my guys in "dynamic" positions. Then there's the price WELL over $200??? There has to be a breaking point and that's pretty much it. By this time next year HT will be averaging $250 for their no accessories figures. Remember those Resident Evil figures that came out 3 years ago? They were under $150 and came with so many weapons and gadgets it was AWESOME! Now all you get is one sculpt, a thin box, 5 hands, and a stand for $210. If you look at SSC they're sitting on about 14 Hot Toys 1/6 figures because of it. I'll gladly part with $200 but make it worth my hard earned money.. To be QUITE honest I love seeing inflated prices sometimes, it makes passing and saying "NO" easy!! Keep it up HT, I'm actually able to buy groceries now :)

#21 · (Edited)
Although this Batman release got me excited for a week, and then i figured out that I only need to buy 1 light-up electronic gun to complement my DX--02 figure. I got a Bruce Wayne head sculpt for a reasonable price of 20 bucks. So I will pass on this one temptation~ Still, this one is a must-purchase for anyone who missed out on previous Batman releases!

Attachments

#22 ·
there is a lot of fuss and crankiness about this figure over at the sideshow forums ~ can't really figure it, but then i'm not so obsessed to think two millimeters of inaccuracy on a chest plate is anything to lose your mind over and the pers doesn't bother me.

thank you, Ichimo31, for demonstrating that someone can be perfectly reasonable and happy with the batman they have or the one that's on the horizon.

i didn't get the dx02, so this is the one for me. also, i was nervous about the rubber suit, so i'm glad this one is cloth-based.

: D

#27 ·
Hmm... from pictures on the BBICN forum the unmasked head doesn't look as good as the prototype D: In some angles it doesn't look much like him. I wish they'd push it back to give the paint job another go, if it's too late for the head molds themselves.

#28 ·
Hmm... from pictures on the BBICN forum the unmasked head doesn't look as good as the prototype D: In some angles it doesn't look much like him.
i've been watching the insane debate over at ssf and while i do think (from all the pics, vids, etc., that the skin tone is different (pinker than the proto), i still think it looks pretty good.

christian bale has a weird head (asymmetrical, squeezy-looking, and radically variable depending on how much weight he's got on). frankly sometimes he doesn't look like himself, so i think they got it pretty close.

: D

#30 ·
Just saw bunch of boxed orders sitting side by side at my local toy store....all labeled: [DON'T TOUCH]....damn, wanna so steal one of them while the boss is on the phone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.