One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion
 

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Front Page News

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45
JeffSaylor's Avatar
1:6 Junkie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,221
(Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Timewalker Toys & Collectibles is pleased to announce that the Preorder period for their new World War I figure has begun. Our Imperial German Infantryman from the Battle of Liege in August of 1914 is a collaborative effort between the National World War I Museum, Caltek International Corporation, and Timewalker Toys & Collectibles.

Please support Timewalker Toys & Collectibles with your purchase of this figure. Your purchase will help fund the research and development necessary to create exceptional WWI products for your enjoyment well into the Centennial Years (2014-2018).

Here is a short video on the figure's production process and its place in the history of the First World War:

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:43
Sir Eaton Flipflop's Avatar
ever wearing flipflops
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chico, Calif.
Posts: 10,312
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Very well done Steve
__________________
KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 14:01
Eperitus's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Market Harborough, England
Posts: 161
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Thanks Steve - great video. I've seen the figure on your website and think $119 is an excellent price. This may not be the place to ask, but do you have an idea of postage costs to the UK? Also, when will it be available?
Looking forward to placing an order!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 14:20
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eperitus View Post
Thanks Steve - great video. I've seen the figure on your website and think $119 is an excellent price. This may not be the place to ask, but do you have an idea of postage costs to the UK? Also, when will it be available?
Looking forward to placing an order!

Thanks Eperitus! I appreciate your comments on the Video. I was happy with the final price too. I feel it is very competitive in the current market place.

3rd quarter is the best info we have right now on arrival. As we get closer, I'll let you know.

I sent a pm on the quote.


Thanks again for your support!

Steven
Timewalker Toys
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 14:21
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Eaton Flipflop View Post
Very well done Steve
Sir Eaton!

Thank you! most appreciated.

Steven
TWTC
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 15:39
Captain Miller's Avatar
Great War Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 507
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Not only have you gone great lengths to ensure the accuracy of this great figure, but you have also given prospective buyers a bit of background information about it - brilliant!

Thank you for finally bringing us WWI enthusiasts the quality we've been looking for.
__________________
Shake 'N' Bake
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 19:55
ActionMan's Avatar
The Mighty Boosh
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: N.T., Hong Kong
Posts: 7,154
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Great presentation, Steven.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 22:35
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Miller View Post
Not only have you gone great lengths to ensure the accuracy of this great figure, but you have also given prospective buyers a bit of background information about it - brilliant!

Thank you for finally bringing us WWI enthusiasts the quality we've been looking for.

The video is something we'll use more and more as future projects develop, and hopefully we'll improve our presentation over time. I think there is a lot of potential to greatly enhance a subject like this through multi-media platforms. The Museum actually offered to contribute some historical photographic and video material, but we had to do this one quickly, and we were already finished when the offer was made. Next time around though...

I really hope this thing takes off. We have so many ideas for the line, and we've received so many good ideas too, from this forum and elsewhere. There is a wealth of weird and wonderful things that could be explored in one-sixth scale for WWI. This is why we need the support of the collecting community on this project.

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 22:36
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionMan View Post
Great presentation, Steven.
Thanks Action Man! Most appreciated.

Steven
TWTC
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:02
Chelseaboy's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,154
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Thankyou for the excellent presentation Steve,will the box include information regarding the figures uniform,use and the battle at Liege ?,i will certainly be pre-ordering this figure asap as i doubt very much that it will be sitting on the shelves for very long,congratulations on your work and effort getting this figure in to the 1/6th marketplace and i hope to see many more of this quality in the future.
Chelseaboy
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2012, 12:38
Ludendorffen's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 46
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

First I too would like to say thank you Steve for offering us such a well researched and well made figure. I will very likely make the purchase, as I am a big WWI enthusiast. I currently own most of the Sideshow Bayonets & Barbed Wire figures, (British, French, and German) all bought within these few years. I didn't pay the price when they first came out too; I spent $150-$250 on each of the Sideshow WWI figures, and I actually bought repeats too (bought two French Poilu and two German Infantryman figures, all brand new). Some say I overpaid, but I totally disagree, as I'm a real 100% WWI buff, and think every single penny of mine was well spent. I also just received my DID WWI Pascal Dubois recently, so my DID WWI collection is about complete since I also have the Albert Brown and Max Muller figures. I mentioned the above not to brag, but to let you know what you're doing really suits me and I'm deeply excited. But I'm also hoping, if you can, to shed some light on what direction Timewalker and Cal-Tek is heading in your WWI line?

The reason I'm asking is because of what happened in the past (more than a decade ago). I was really into video game figures back then, and there was this new company that started making figures based on the newest PC and video games at the time. I bought so many of their figures that I actually consider myself a small investor in their company. Then I'm not sure what happened, but that company started making figure lines on the most boring, unwanted themes. And apparently I'm not the minority who thought this way; within a year that company went out of business because of poor sales. With that goes so many of their prototype game figures that will fly off the shelves if they were ever made but weren't.

Now you might be thinking "what is this guy trying to say?" so I will make my point clear: I am sincerely hoping if you (Timewalker and/or Cal-Tek) can make your future WWI figures based on other interesting WWI battles and topics. And just a note I love your Battle of Liege German theme, because I'm also a great fan of WWI/WWII sieges (Liege, Verdun, Przemysl, Leningrad, Sevastopol, etc.) so your first figure is a buy for me. But I'm hoping if we can see something new for your next figure, like a late-war German or an early-war French, but I'm too hoping you can be more of a pioneer and make some Austro-Hungarian, Belgian, or Ottoman figures, but that's just me. Because I'll be buying your figure, I'm hoping you can use this money to bring us more interesting figures, and not what the market is already flooded with so please no more Tommies for now! I can scratch build a WWI Tommy anyday with all the Dragon, 21st Century, BBi, DID loose parts. What we need are rare or never-before-made figures Steve, please consider my suggestion, and you can be sure I'll be recommending you to my overseas collector friends, thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2012, 14:14
schutz's Avatar
大宋忠魂
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 500
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

dont forget wwi russian guard infantry...
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2012, 15:54
Eperitus's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Market Harborough, England
Posts: 161
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludendorffen View Post
First I too would like to say thank you Steve for offering us such a well researched and well made figure. I will very likely make the purchase, as I am a big WWI enthusiast. I currently own most of the Sideshow Bayonets & Barbed Wire figures, (British, French, and German) all bought within these few years. I didn't pay the price when they first came out too; I spent $150-$250 on each of the Sideshow WWI figures, and I actually bought repeats too (bought two French Poilu and two German Infantryman figures, all brand new). Some say I overpaid, but I totally disagree, as I'm a real 100% WWI buff, and think every single penny of mine was well spent. I also just received my DID WWI Pascal Dubois recently, so my DID WWI collection is about complete since I also have the Albert Brown and Max Muller figures. I mentioned the above not to brag, but to let you know what you're doing really suits me and I'm deeply excited. But I'm also hoping, if you can, to shed some light on what direction Timewalker and Cal-Tek is heading in your WWI line?

The reason I'm asking is because of what happened in the past (more than a decade ago). I was really into video game figures back then, and there was this new company that started making figures based on the newest PC and video games at the time. I bought so many of their figures that I actually consider myself a small investor in their company. Then I'm not sure what happened, but that company started making figure lines on the most boring, unwanted themes. And apparently I'm not the minority who thought this way; within a year that company went out of business because of poor sales. With that goes so many of their prototype game figures that will fly off the shelves if they were ever made but weren't.

Now you might be thinking "what is this guy trying to say?" so I will make my point clear: I am sincerely hoping if you (Timewalker and/or Cal-Tek) can make your future WWI figures based on other interesting WWI battles and topics. And just a note I love your Battle of Liege German theme, because I'm also a great fan of WWI/WWII sieges (Liege, Verdun, Przemysl, Leningrad, Sevastopol, etc.) so your first figure is a buy for me. But I'm hoping if we can see something new for your next figure, like a late-war German or an early-war French, but I'm too hoping you can be more of a pioneer and make some Austro-Hungarian, Belgian, or Ottoman figures, but that's just me. Because I'll be buying your figure, I'm hoping you can use this money to bring us more interesting figures, and not what the market is already flooded with so please no more Tommies for now! I can scratch build a WWI Tommy anyday with all the Dragon, 21st Century, BBi, DID loose parts. What we need are rare or never-before-made figures Steve, please consider my suggestion, and you can be sure I'll be recommending you to my overseas collector friends, thank you!
"No more Tommies"! Two old Sideshow figures and a new DiD is hardly flooding the market.

Sideshow and DiD have brought out three French figures and five Germans between them (not to mention Caltek's German), and there are four Sideshow Americans, so if anything Britain is under-represented. As a big WW1 enthusiast myself I agree with the need for a Turk, a Russian, maybe an Italian and so on - I'd buy the lot if they're the same price as the German - but a high quality Tommy is definitely required too (perhaps with options for other Commonwealth insignia & gear). I'd also love to see more French and US figures.

Congratulations to Timewalker for producing such an excellent figure, and I hope you'll definitely include a Brit in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2012, 20:09
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
Thankyou for the excellent presentation Steve,will the box include information regarding the figures uniform,use and the battle at Liege ?,i will certainly be pre-ordering this figure asap as i doubt very much that it will be sitting on the shelves for very long,congratulations on your work and effort getting this figure in to the 1/6th marketplace and i hope to see many more of this quality in the future.
Chelseaboy
Hello Chelseaboy,

Thank you for your compliment on our presentation.

I am not exactly sure how the box art is going to be handled yet, but the final approval of the box art and any messaging that goes onto the box has to be reviewed and approved by Timewalker and the National World War I Museum. The Museum is about 20 minutes from where I live, so we'll likely work on it together. We'd like to keep this figure as history-centric as possible (this is why we did not actually name the figure, but refer to it as "Battle of Liege"), so there will be some focus on the battle and the uniform and equipment on the box. I cannot say yet what form this will take though.

As you said, I don't expect "it will be sitting on the shelves for very long." It will be a limited run, especially the first one, until we see the demand in the market place.

Best Regards,

Steven
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles

Last edited by Timewalker1; 06-23-2012 at 20:28. Reason: error
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2012, 06:17
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 101
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Great video, nice to see the face behind the name for once.
I can't thank you and the people you work with enough for the giant feat this historical accurate figure is to the 1/6th scale hobby and keeping the price that low.

It is kind of sad that other companies go for the tactic of just blindly copying what others produced in the past with as little as possible effort.

If they would even just open a few non-fictional books they could see their errors and fix them, it often is just a little detail(the buttons for example) or material choice that could make a huge difference of the whole figure as such!

Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:25
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 18
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludendorffen View Post
First I too would like to say thank you Steve for offering us such a well researched and well made figure. I will very likely make the purchase, as I am a big WWI enthusiast. I currently own most of the Sideshow Bayonets & Barbed Wire figures, (British, French, and German) all bought within these few years. I didn't pay the price when they first came out too; I spent $150-$250 on each of the Sideshow WWI figures, and I actually bought repeats too (bought two French Poilu and two German Infantryman figures, all brand new). Some say I overpaid, but I totally disagree, as I'm a real 100% WWI buff, and think every single penny of mine was well spent. I also just received my DID WWI Pascal Dubois recently, so my DID WWI collection is about complete since I also have the Albert Brown and Max Muller figures. I mentioned the above not to brag, but to let you know what you're doing really suits me and I'm deeply excited. But I'm also hoping, if you can, to shed some light on what direction Timewalker and Cal-Tek is heading in your WWI line?

The reason I'm asking is because of what happened in the past (more than a decade ago). I was really into video game figures back then, and there was this new company that started making figures based on the newest PC and video games at the time. I bought so many of their figures that I actually consider myself a small investor in their company. Then I'm not sure what happened, but that company started making figure lines on the most boring, unwanted themes. And apparently I'm not the minority who thought this way; within a year that company went out of business because of poor sales. With that goes so many of their prototype game figures that will fly off the shelves if they were ever made but weren't.

Now you might be thinking "what is this guy trying to say?" so I will make my point clear: I am sincerely hoping if you (Timewalker and/or Cal-Tek) can make your future WWI figures based on other interesting WWI battles and topics. And just a note I love your Battle of Liege German theme, because I'm also a great fan of WWI/WWII sieges (Liege, Verdun, Przemysl, Leningrad, Sevastopol, etc.) so your first figure is a buy for me. But I'm hoping if we can see something new for your next figure, like a late-war German or an early-war French, but I'm too hoping you can be more of a pioneer and make some Austro-Hungarian, Belgian, or Ottoman figures, but that's just me. Because I'll be buying your figure, I'm hoping you can use this money to bring us more interesting figures, and not what the market is already flooded with so please no more Tommies for now! I can scratch build a WWI Tommy anyday with all the Dragon, 21st Century, BBi, DID loose parts. What we need are rare or never-before-made figures Steve, please consider my suggestion, and you can be sure I'll be recommending you to my overseas collector friends, thank you!
On the contrary, Ludendorffen, one more Tommy is essential. A young British Officer of the "lost" generation, that included some of the great war poets Wilfred Owen, Rupert Brooke, Robert Graves, Siegfried Sassoon etc. Not all of those named died, but the life expectancy of a junior officer was even less than their men's, as they were usually the first "over the top." However, there are plenty of options as you say and that is just my preference.

Last edited by thamesvalidude; 06-25-2012 at 13:24. Reason: accuracy
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:35
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludendorffen View Post
First I too would like to say thank you Steve for offering us such a well researched and well made figure. I will very likely make the purchase, as I am a big WWI enthusiast. I currently own most of the Sideshow Bayonets & Barbed Wire figures, (British, French, and German) all bought within these few years. I didn't pay the price when they first came out too; I spent $150-$250 on each of the Sideshow WWI figures, and I actually bought repeats too (bought two French Poilu and two German Infantryman figures, all brand new). Some say I overpaid, but I totally disagree, as I'm a real 100% WWI buff, and think every single penny of mine was well spent. I also just received my DID WWI Pascal Dubois recently, so my DID WWI collection is about complete since I also have the Albert Brown and Max Muller figures. I mentioned the above not to brag, but to let you know what you're doing really suits me and I'm deeply excited. But I'm also hoping, if you can, to shed some light on what direction Timewalker and Cal-Tek is heading in your WWI line?

The reason I'm asking is because of what happened in the past (more than a decade ago). I was really into video game figures back then, and there was this new company that started making figures based on the newest PC and video games at the time. I bought so many of their figures that I actually consider myself a small investor in their company. Then I'm not sure what happened, but that company started making figure lines on the most boring, unwanted themes. And apparently I'm not the minority who thought this way; within a year that company went out of business because of poor sales. With that goes so many of their prototype game figures that will fly off the shelves if they were ever made but weren't.

Now you might be thinking "what is this guy trying to say?" so I will make my point clear: I am sincerely hoping if you (Timewalker and/or Cal-Tek) can make your future WWI figures based on other interesting WWI battles and topics. And just a note I love your Battle of Liege German theme, because I'm also a great fan of WWI/WWII sieges (Liege, Verdun, Przemysl, Leningrad, Sevastopol, etc.) so your first figure is a buy for me. But I'm hoping if we can see something new for your next figure, like a late-war German or an early-war French, but I'm too hoping you can be more of a pioneer and make some Austro-Hungarian, Belgian, or Ottoman figures, but that's just me. Because I'll be buying your figure, I'm hoping you can use this money to bring us more interesting figures, and not what the market is already flooded with so please no more Tommies for now! I can scratch build a WWI Tommy anyday with all the Dragon, 21st Century, BBi, DID loose parts. What we need are rare or never-before-made figures Steve, please consider my suggestion, and you can be sure I'll be recommending you to my overseas collector friends, thank you!

Hello Ludendorffen,

There is a lot of great stuff in your comment, and I want to take the time to reply, but I'm a little backed up on other business right now. I'll try to get to it tonight.


Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35
Ludendorffen's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 46
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewalker1 View Post
Hello Ludendorffen,

There is a lot of great stuff in your comment, and I want to take the time to reply, but I'm a little backed up on other business right now. I'll try to get to it tonight.


Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Thank you Stevo and sorry for the long post. I'm just too eager for what you and Cal-Tek will be offering and really hope it will go the right direction hopefully and I know you will make the right decision, cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 18
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

In my eagerness to promote the Brit Officer, Steve, I did forget to congratulate you on an absolutely fabulous figure!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2012, 10:46
saleo's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 12
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

The figure in the photos is just outstanding. My question is - are these photos of the prototype or of the production version?
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludendorffen View Post
First I too would like to say thank you Steve for offering us such a well researched and well made figure. I will very likely make the purchase, as I am a big WWI enthusiast. I currently own most of the Sideshow Bayonets & Barbed Wire figures, (British, French, and German) all bought within these few years. I didn't pay the price when they first came out too; I spent $150-$250 on each of the Sideshow WWI figures, and I actually bought repeats too (bought two French Poilu and two German Infantryman figures, all brand new). Some say I overpaid, but I totally disagree, as I'm a real 100% WWI buff, and think every single penny of mine was well spent. I also just received my DID WWI Pascal Dubois recently, so my DID WWI collection is about complete since I also have the Albert Brown and Max Muller figures. I mentioned the above not to brag, but to let you know what you're doing really suits me and I'm deeply excited. But I'm also hoping, if you can, to shed some light on what direction Timewalker and Cal-Tek is heading in your WWI line?

The reason I'm asking is because of what happened in the past (more than a decade ago). I was really into video game figures back then, and there was this new company that started making figures based on the newest PC and video games at the time. I bought so many of their figures that I actually consider myself a small investor in their company. Then I'm not sure what happened, but that company started making figure lines on the most boring, unwanted themes. And apparently I'm not the minority who thought this way; within a year that company went out of business because of poor sales. With that goes so many of their prototype game figures that will fly off the shelves if they were ever made but weren't.

Now you might be thinking "what is this guy trying to say?" so I will make my point clear: I am sincerely hoping if you (Timewalker and/or Cal-Tek) can make your future WWI figures based on other interesting WWI battles and topics. And just a note I love your Battle of Liege German theme, because I'm also a great fan of WWI/WWII sieges (Liege, Verdun, Przemysl, Leningrad, Sevastopol, etc.) so your first figure is a buy for me. But I'm hoping if we can see something new for your next figure, like a late-war German or an early-war French, but I'm too hoping you can be more of a pioneer and make some Austro-Hungarian, Belgian, or Ottoman figures, but that's just me. Because I'll be buying your figure, I'm hoping you can use this money to bring us more interesting figures, and not what the market is already flooded with so please no more Tommies for now! I can scratch build a WWI Tommy anyday with all the Dragon, 21st Century, BBi, DID loose parts. What we need are rare or never-before-made figures Steve, please consider my suggestion, and you can be sure I'll be recommending you to my overseas collector friends, thank you!

Hello Ludendorffen,

I guess it takes a holiday (Independence Day) to finally get caught up on all of my email and forum posts. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes, I am a fan of the Bayonets & Barbed Wire series as well. As a student of the First World War, I remember being quite excited when it hit the marketplace. The line was introduced right before we got into business. Obviously, the BBW series is of its time. So many strides have been made in production quality since then, but I still prize each of the pieces in my collection. Updating this series, as we approach the Centennial of WWI, is what I had in mind when I started fishing around for an interested manufacturers in 2008.

Four years ago the industry was still very much enamored with the Second World War. It took repeatedly explaining to our prospective partners that the First and Second World Wars are two halves of the same coin. In other words, if one does not know the First World War, it is hard to justify one's knowledge of the Second World War. They are so very interconnected. CalTek was the first company to really get this, and they have proved to be a good fit for us, as we are allowed the flexibility to work on a project until we are satisfied with the level of detail and accuracy that I wanted to see in a new WWI line. I don't think any other company would have given us this kind of flexibility, largely because the industry model favors getting product on the market quickly, which often means cutting corners.

Unfortunately, I cannot speak publically about the specifics of where we plan to go with the line. We've already experienced what can happen when too much information becomes public. Suffice it to say that this line will not be driven by the normal tit for tat that we've see in the past. We have a very specific theme in mind, the evolution of the material culture of the First World War. This requires extreme attention to detail, which simply takes more time and energy, and has little to do with what other companies may be doing. Having said that, you can expect the "moment in time" thing to continue. The war was a series of battles and campaigns around the globe (not just in Western Europe) by land, sea, and air. I don't think it will get boring anytime soon.

As for how well this line does, and its overall longevity...well, we'll do our part. The rest is entirely up to discerning customers like yourself.


Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2012, 13:20
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleo View Post
The figure in the photos is just outstanding. My question is - are these photos of the prototype or of the production version?
Saleo,

The photos are of the prototype. Most, if not all, of the images you will see of any product that has not actually hit the market yet will be of the original prototype. This is normal.


Thanks for the question.

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2012, 13:51
berndm01's Avatar
medieval reenactor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germany, Soltau (near Hamburg)
Posts: 1,136
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Great video- thanks for sharing!
As a great fan of your work and research- now im happy to preorder the figure.
Glad that im waiting for your result and not to buy the Did one!
__________________

feel free to contact me: berndm01@yahoo.de
my homepage: http://www.onesixthknights.com/
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2012, 21:41
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndm01 View Post
Great video- thanks for sharing!
As a great fan of your work and research- now im happy to preorder the figure.
Glad that im waiting for your result and not to buy the Did one!
Thanks berndm01! I appreciate your order and your support!

Sincerely,

Steven
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39
saleo's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 12
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewalker1 View Post
Saleo,

The photos are of the prototype. Most, if not all, of the images you will see of any product that has not actually hit the market yet will be of the original prototype. This is normal.


Thanks for the question.

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Yes I understand that, I just remember the 21st Century WW2 line with great prototype photos and then crap production figures. You prototype is amazing so I hope your production figures are as nice.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:12
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleo View Post
Yes I understand that, I just remember the 21st Century WW2 line with great prototype photos and then crap production figures. You prototype is amazing so I hope your production figures are as nice.
Saleo,

Thank you for your comments. We will be watching the QC very closely on this figure. I have no reason to believe the final product will not meet or beat the standard set by the prototype.

Best Regards,

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collecibles


PS- By the way folks, we have to submit our order to the manufacturer July 13th, just two days away. This does not mean that you can't preorder after this date, but we would also like to be able to gauge our inventory needs as much as possible. Placing your preorder on or before this date helps us do so. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53
Ludendorffen's Avatar
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 46
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Hi Steve, thank you for the thorough and insightful reply! I placed my order a while ago, and today the seller told me it'll be a 2012 Autumn release? Just want to say really looking forward to it, and hope to see more of your projects as I'll be certain of getting them (even if it's another Tommy), cheers!!
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2012, 13:09
1:6 Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 52
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2012, 10:03
1:6 Dealer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 257
Thumbs up Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshinwithya View Post
Keep up the good work!
Thanks Joshinwithya,

We appreciate your comments.

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2012, 19:39
OSW Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 366
Re: (Video) Preorder Caltek/Timewalker WWI German Infantryman at Timewalker Toys

it says september on the monkeydepot... the research gone into this figure is amazing, glad i didnt give in and buy the did one. i love u cal tek
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Copyright 2003-2011 One Sixth Warriors. The content of this website does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the OSW. The mention of, or links to, trade names, commercial products or organizations does not necessarily imply endorsement, express or implied, by the OSW nor it's affiliates, nor is it responsible for the content or activities of those mentioned or linked to. OSW makes no representation concerning, and does not guarantee the source, originality, accuracy, completeness or reliability of any statement, information, data, finding, interpretation, advice, opinion, or view presented.
** 4LeafToys **
OzieGoods
Point Blank Toys
Store on 44
StoreRooms
Sweet Castle
TMT Hobby
Toys Home
Triad Toys
UniToyZone
Urban Samurai

1:6 mfgs @ eBay:
A.C.E. Gear
Alfrex
BBI (Blue Box)
DiD Corp
Dragon Models
Hot Toys
Marmit
Medicom
Saturday Toys
Sideshow Toys
Soldier Story
Triad Toys
Toy Soldier
Very Hot Toys

OSW Shopping:
Shop & Trade
Dealer News
Custom Services
Member Auctions

OSW Useful Links:

Trade References
Bad Trades
Trading Guidelines
Where to Post