One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Front Page News

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 14:20
1:6 Junkie

Triad Announces New 1:6 ARTISAN SERIES

Triad Toys announces a new line of hand-crafted, custom-made figures assembled in-house at Triad HQ. All figures in the Artisan Series are strictly limited, and are created on a made to order basis. Edition sizes will be based on total pre-orders. Numbered editions will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. The first person to pre-order will receive the first figure in the edition. Pre-order periods will be open for 30 days, and figures will be delivered within 30 days of the end of the pre-order period.

To launch the new Artisan Series, Triad will offer "Avalon" at San Diego Comic-Con. This exclusive figure will be limited to ONLY 25 pieces and priced at $185. Available for sale at Booth #531. Check out more pictures of the high-tech cutie below.

Old 09-03-2012, 17:49
Brand 74

Re: Triad Announces New 1:6 ARTISAN SERIES

?..... Is Triad going to continue in making more of this fig? I see it was a hot seller for them from the comic cons. any info would be great.
Old 09-09-2012, 22:45
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
?..... Is Triad going to continue in making more of this fig? I see it was a hot seller for them from the comic cons. any info would be great.
If you mean more figures for their artisan line then there was Airheart and maybe more in the future, but if you mean this specific "Avalon" figure then they can't (well, obviously they technically could, but they can't without defeating the purpose of the artisan series). I actually have this figure, I wanted the mask mainly, but wanted to check out the new line as well. I have number 6 of 25, and that is suppose to be all they are going to release.

To be honest, I am a little disappointed in it actually. I'm not sure what I expected, but it really is just a regular Triad body with a brunette head and black suit. For the price I could have just bought the individual pieces (aside from maybe the mask, which I still like although it too is not exactly what I had hoped) and made it myself for half as much.
Old 09-09-2012, 23:28
OIF Vet and Jedi Master

Triad still thinks their on par with the big boys from HK by charging those prices. Guess they'll never wake up from their fantasy dream
Old 09-10-2012, 00:48
1:6 puppy

why does she have a knee-pad stuck to her forehead?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:17
me like toys!!!

I feel like Triad Toys has some good things going for them, but those good things are out weighed by some bad things. What are the bad things,..... body design, decline in the quality of their head sculpts, relatively inflated prices, packaging, preorder wait time and overall design concepts. Doesn't really make you even wanna know what are the good things about them, huh? However the few pieces I have from them I do like, but I can't continue to show them love, not in this market and GOLDEN AGE of 1/6th where Hot Toys is knocking everything clear out of the park and charging a stack of paper to do it. I currently have 15 Hot Toys on preorder and 2 Triads... The Triads have been pushed back twice...
Old 09-10-2012, 11:42
Brand 74

I got two Triad female bodys and I've had good luck with them. The joints hold up nicely for mine My HT fem fig not so much plus I wish HT would make more female body figs. As for Avalon i was too looking at the mask and the sword. I saw she has Tabi boots they looked cool to me as well. but yeah there are some issues. oh well, Maybe I'll find her on ebay if I dont find her parted out any where. good info \m/