Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line

Following their 1:6th scale World War One figure announcement from earlier this year (read the story HERE), CalTek and Timewalker Toys share with us a preview of the first figure release.

Created with special assistance from the National World War One Museum, the figure series is a one-sixth scale exploration of the material culture of soldiers who fought in the watershed event of the 20th Century: World War One. The series opens as the war begins, with an Imperial German Infantryman of the 27th Regiment, 3rd Company at the Battle of Ličge in August 1914.

From the custom color and weave of the M1907 tunic and trousers, matched against period field-gray wool, to the brown leather side-stitched M1866 marching boots, to the proportionally correct rimmed and crowned buttons, every attempt has been made to bring collectors the most detailed and historically accurate World War One figure yet produced.

The prototype shown here is in its final stages of development, with only a few additions and modifications that have yet to be completed. Stay tuned for the official launch with more pictures, to be followed by pricing and release date information.

About CalTek International Corporation

CalTek is a U.S. based wholesaler, distributor and manufacturer of high quality action figures and die cast models. CalTek services a worldwide distribution network from Pomona, CA. For more information, contact John King at: johnking@caltekonline.com

About Timewalker Toys & Collectibles

Timewalker Toys & Collectibles is an internet-based retailer of quality one-sixth collectibles, which has operated from the Kansas City area since 2003. For more information, contact Steven Allen at: sallen@timewalkertoys.com

About the National World War One Museum

The National World War One Museum at Liberty Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri is the only facility of its kind in the United States solely devoted to study of the First World War. For more information about this extraordinary museum, visit: www.theworldwar.org.

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-001-jpg

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-002-jpg

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-003-jpg

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-004-jpg

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-005-jpg

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-007-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-001-jpg   First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-002-jpg   First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-003-jpg   First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-004-jpg   First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-005-jpg   First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-006-jpg  

First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line-007-jpg  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 05-11-2012 at 16:28.

Re: First Look at CalTek & Timewalker Toys' WWI Figure Line

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Fantastic !!!!!!!

HS is from Soldier Story US paratrooper (though) with moustache.

I wish you all the best with this line of figures, you deserve it.

Jaime.

High End WWI figure indeed...seems like a DX series from HT. Excellent fabric quality and deluxe materials...guess I will get one of these as a model of German Soldier during WWI and as an example of research but will also get DIDs to have some weathering and heavy trench customizing...it would be a sacrilege to weather this new figure!!! Congrats on this high level project and thanks for sharing.

The details are simply amazing.

That looks fantastic!!!!!....an excellent figure.
    Well done fellas.

Yes, you really did it, i love it.

Wow! How can I hide this from my wife?!

he does look alot like the ss bastogne paratrooper.. the gear clothing and mauser look incredible, a must for me. great work

Awesome figure....as you already know how much I like this so yup. Awesome!

Detailed golden buttons are the final quality feature to make this Project a Holy Grail in any collection...great effort, excellent outcome.

excellent

release date and price?
    Ars gratia artis. (art for art's sake)

Absolutely excellent figure!

Now a young British officer please!

Not a likely buy for me, but that is incredible work.
    "...peace is the highest aspiration of the American People. We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it, we will never surrender for it, now or ever."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan January 20, 1981

That is a damn fine figure. A double purchase for me. Good show, CalTek and Timewalker Toys!
    Cheap people suck.

Exceptional. Just need the price now, though I know I'm going to get one anyway. Glad to hear it's the first in a series. British cavalryman or officer next, please please please, followed by a Turk, A French Senagalese, an Indian Army infantryman (complete with turban) and hundreds of others I can dream of...

There is not much needed to display this figure as a scale 1:6 historical accurate representation of a German imperial soldier.
    This figure would displayed just as great at any home as in a WWI related museum, the Pickelhaube, detailed buttons, etcetera, stunning!

Other 1:6 manufactures should learn from this release for the research that went into it that resulted in this historical accurate figure.

I am hoping that a German imperial soldier around 1917-1918 will be released not long after this one.
    Another treat next to this figure would be an Austrian figure and if you ask me is essential next to these German WWI figures.

You did a great work! All your research makes a fantastic figure. For me itīs a must have!
    Now i know why iīm waiting and donīt buy the Did one.... I love him!

feel free to contact me: berndm01@yahoo.de
    my homepage: http://www.onesixthknights.com/

Beautiful indeed !
    Very happy to hear that it is the first of a serie !

I am also waiting for the price. I have just received the DID version this morning. With the one I have scrtach built thanks to Battlegeartoys and sideshowtoys items, It will be funny to compare the 3 of them

Hope we see a French Infantryman of August/sept 1914 to face this one. French people will be happy to provide you with any info you may need ;-)

Bravo, Thank you, and congrats !

Beautiful figure. May have to get this one myself. I'd like to add a French aviator to the wish list if i may. Again, great work on this.

I do want to throw my 2 cents in. While the uniform and equipment look wonderful, I do think the headsculpt just seems a tad too small, especially when he's fully kitted out. Something looks a little off with the helmet cover as well, but I think this once again has to do with the small headsculpt. These are extremely minor nitpicks, and as long as the quality and craftsmanship stays high, I will definitely enjoy getting this figure.

And if you're going in chronological order, I would be most pleasantly surprised and impressed if you did an early war Belgian infantryman next, with the shako and giant cartridge pouch. Or any Belgian, eventually...

looks great
    i would change all the brown leather here - into black and you have a german from 1915 and forward so no problem with DID release- i think for your business it is better to do so.
    Quality of uniform much better than DID

hope also on an Austrian Kaiserjäger

Awesome, awesome, awesome... I may not be able to resist buying this...

Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    Beautiful indeed !
    Very happy to hear that it is the first of a serie !

I am also waiting for the price. I have just received the DID version this morning. With the one I have scrtach built thanks to Battlegeartoys and sideshowtoys items, It will be funny to compare the 3 of them

Hope we see a French Infantryman of August/sept 1914 to face this one. French people will be happy to provide you with any info you may need ;-)

Bravo, Thank you, and congrats !

I agree - a 1914 French infantryman would look great as they have a fantastic uniform. Wouldn't need to compete with DiD's release, either. I'd still like to see a Brit officer first, perhaps with different rank options.

It is exciting to see this figure - the work that goes into these is a true work of passion, and the detail speak to the diligence of research and interest in the subject.
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

I am extraordinarily excited to see this. I must admit that I'm an more of an Allies collector, but WW1 is a subject I can't say no to, especially when executed so well. What is especially pleasing to me is the inclusion of the mustache on the headsculpt. I feel most companies try to generally create heads which buyers may use for kitbashing other figures, and the facial hair is so period-specific, they figure it might hurt sales. (This is only my feeling) And while I get that, a French Poilu without a bushy mustache? Not gonna work for me, DID. While not every soldier wore facial hair, its something that is historically accurate and truly sets these figures apart from other eras in the hobby. It's much more exciting when haircuts, facial hair, etc. all reflect the time period. Even the facial sculpt itself. So far, this is THE WW1 figure to beat, and I'm hoping you do, with more and more.

This looks like a very good figure, I'm impressed just by the equipment layout pic, glad to see he is fairly well loaded with gear. I'm positive there will be a lot of folks out there who will really want this one. As always, bring on the WW1 figures or a nice accessory pack with trench periscopes, sled mounted machine guns etc.

This figure is FANTASTIC in every aspect. Man, you are right, it is DX version of the WWI German indeed.
    Order one of the DID German already and I am crying right now cause my dealer won't let me cancel to wait for this one, the reason he gave me is he himself can't get the refund back if I cancel.
    Regardless what happen, I WILL DEFINITELY get one of this guy for sure. Not gonna other the DID WWI French until I see Caltek version of it and I am damn sure they will make one in the very near future since they already made the WWII version of the French, no reason why they won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonclaws View Post
    This figure is FANTASTIC in every aspect. Man, you are right, it is DX version of the WWI German indeed.
    Order one of the DID German already and I am crying right now cause my dealer won't let me cancel to wait for this one, the reason he gave me is he himself can't get the refund back if I cancel.
    Regardless what happen, I WILL DEFINITELY get one of this guy for sure. Not gonna other the DID WWI French until I see Caltek version of it and I am damn sure they will make one in the very near future since they already made the WWII version of the French, no reason why they won't do it.
    I got my DID Max Muller two weeks ago, and I'm still getting this Liege German! Why pick one when you can get both?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludendorffen View Post
    I got my DID Max Muller two weeks ago, and I'm still getting this Liege German! Why pick one when you can get both?!

I guess not all collectors can afford 2 different company figures like me I can only afford one even if caltek figure is a little higher I am willing to add more if the price is higher than buying 2 WW1 German and I can tell the caltek one is like the hot toys DX version. my 2 cents