Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com

Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com

Blackopstoys.com has started a new feature called The Artists Corner where every month they focus on people in the 1/6 hobby who make amazing art out of 1/6 scale action figures.

CLICK HERE to check out this month's talented artist, George Dixon, whose realistic 1/6th scale action figure photography will have you doing a double take.

In other Blackopstoys.com news, make sure you pick up the March issue of Shooting Illustrated. The 1/6 scale community finally gets recognized! Check out the article HERE and let them know what you think.
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 04-17-2012 at 09:25.

Re: Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com

This is a nice way to applaud all of those 1/6 scale artists out there. Thanks BlackOpsToys!

I'm glad we can make this happen. We will be searching OSW and other places for customs we like and pick the artist of the month based on that. So keep working and Kit-bashing and you never know if you could be picked for the Artist of the Month.

Thanks.

B
    Do you want to be able to buy the newest 1/6 pieces before they sell out? Find out more by subscribing to my Facebook. Click here and Like BlackOpsToys

The idea is great, really needs to be kept up!

But ps about that Dixon: only 14 photos of single figs honestly didn't get me. I never mean to make anybody harm, but I like shots of Piciubrothers way more...

This is great and much appreciated!
    Alygn - sci-fi universe in 1/6 scale. | Unbox Experience - unboxing collectibles, toys and gadgets.

Thanks Steve.
    Do you want to be able to buy the newest 1/6 pieces before they sell out? Find out more by subscribing to my Facebook. Click here and Like BlackOpsToys

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    The idea is great, really needs to be kept up!

But ps about that Dixon: only 14 photos of single figs honestly didn't get me. I never mean to make anybody harm, but I like shots of Piciubrothers way more...
    It's all about having fun when I am out there taking pictures of my figures in action, unfortunately our types of fun obviously differ from each other. My fun in this hobby is taking out a few figures and snapping some pictures of them in some outdoor settings, I don't claim to be a photographer by any stretch of the imagination but I do claim to be a guy who has plenty of fun with the toys in his collection, what more can you ask for right? to each his own is all I can say.

One Shot

Thanks Brian for putting this up over here, much appreciated.

That's a great idea!! love stuff like that!! Hope to make it there some day!

This is a cool idea. One Shot is a great candidate for the first artist to be featured as well IMO. I have always been a fan of his work.
    Last edited by da Bronx Commando; 04-24-2012 at 10:46.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Very cool guys. Thanks for taking the time to read.

One Shot, I watched through your website and I gotta say the shots are nice, there were just not your best ones on blackops site, when I made my previous post I watched only them. After looking over your website I changed the opinion

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    One Shot, I watched through your website and I gotta say the shots are nice, there were just not your best ones on blackops site, when I made my previous post I watched only them. After looking over your website I changed the opinion
    no harm done Mick, I didn't take it personally at all. Plus you are entitled to your own opinion and that's something we all need to respect and understand. what some may like you might not and that's fine by me. I didn't think you were being rude or anything if that's what you thought. (you're totally true as these are not some of my better shots....but these pics were all recent shots and all that I had access to as my portable drive has somehow "Hidden" all of my files and I cannot get access to them ) anyhow.....no sweat off of my shoulders. I'm all about fun, plain and simple. If it looks like somebody is having fun out there with there figures then that's fine by me you know what I mean. Thanks for stopping by Mick...much appreciated.

Dewback Matt and Da Bronx Commando you guys rock!

whether I'm posting here on the OSW or over at my board, you guys all know that One Shot's just out to have some fun! Thanks again!

Thanks for doing this! It's a really great idea!

Thanks for your support. Getting next months ready.

NEW ARTIST OF THE MONTH Jan Hansen! Check out the interview. Thanks for looking.

http://www.blackopstoys.com/blog/201...er-jan-hansen/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com-jan-rock-jpg  

New blackopstoys.com Artist Corner Artist of the Month for June 2012. Don Bautista. Don Has some amazing work to check out. Great Job Don.

The Artists Corner – Don Bautista | Black Ops Toys Blog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com-img_1136-jpg  

congrats don! way to go! mabuhay!

Thanks for taking a look Rovot. Don has some nice custom figures for sure.

yup. he's got some excellent bashes. by the way great site blackops, thanks for sharing and inspiring us with such great articles.

You will soon have a blackhawk UH-60 to pose your figures in. My BH is still in need of a BIG repair but will be alive and able soon. I am in Concord- we should meet up sometime.
    DBMATT

Alien Matt you should send us an email when you are done. That thing is awesome and who knows you may just get picked.

The Artists Corner ? Brian Sullivan | Black Ops Toys Blog

New Artist of the Month! Thanks for taking a look.

BOT-Team
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com-boc0002f-jpg   Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com-brian-featured-blog-image-jpg  
    Last edited by blackopstoys.com; 07-13-2012 at 17:18.

New Artist of the Month for August! Michael Skram.

http://www.blackopstoys.com/blog/201...er-mike-skram/

Check it out. Some of these customs are amazing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com-featured-blog-image-mike-jpg  

I really enjoy these. Thanks for posting!
    Alygn - sci-fi universe in 1/6 scale. | Unbox Experience - unboxing collectibles, toys and gadgets.

This guy you have for August sounds neato mosquito. I think I have that album he did too.
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bit commando View Post
    The Star Twins... We recorded that album with the famous recordist Mick Applemitt. Sales were pretty decent too.
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

New Artist of the Month Renato Assis from Brazil.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com-village-jpg   Presenting "The Artists Corner" @ BlackOpsToys.com-renato-jpg  

Nicely composed, some of the shots were using sunlight naturally, very good in terms of amateur photography.
    Castor Troy: Hello? This is Sean Archer.

Sean Archer: Well, if you are Sean Archer, then I must be Castor Troy.

Click to view Slade Fiero October Artist of the Month.

Slade does some awesome work and is one hell of an artist. Check out his customs and learn more about people who love 1/6.

Thanks for looking and your continued support.

BOT-Team