Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT

PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT

Sideshow Collectibles is now accepting pre-orders on their next 12" GI Joe action figure: FLINT. Two versions are being offered. Click the links below to pre-order:

* 12" GI JOE FLINT - SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE: Includes bonus accessory - a sawed-off shotgun! $124.99.

* 12" GI JOE FLINT - STANDARD EDITION: $119.99

The Flint 12 inch figure features:

Fully articulated Pro male body Version 1.2 with 30+ points of articulation
    Flint portrait
    Clothing including beret, detailed shirt with unique patches, pants, and boots
    Detailed belt with drop-down holster and American Eagle buckle
    Dog Tags
    Wristwatch
    Jump Wings
    Canteen x 2
    .45 1911 Pistol and magazine x 3
    Red and yellow smoke bombs
    Fragmentation grenade x 3
    Shotgun shell x 24 and shotgun bandoliers
    Laser Rifle
    Shotgun w/ single point shotgun sling
    Holographic sight
    3 sets of interchangeable hands
    12-inch display base with G.I. Joe logo
    Sideshow Exclusive: Sawed-off Shotgun

The 12-inch GI Joe FLINT is scheduled to ship 3rd Qtr 2010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint1-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint2-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint3-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint4-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint5-jpg  

PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint6-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint7-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint8-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint9-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint10-jpg  

PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint11-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint12-jpg   PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT-flint13-jpg  

Re: PRE-ORDER NOW - 12-inch GI Joe FLINT

Thanks for the info! But I don't know about this one. Everybody was mad about the Duke, but personally I think Duke is way better than this one. Something is very off to say the least.

I agree. I think Duke looks fantastic, but this doesn't read as Flint to me. Face isn't angular enough, maybe. Mouth is too large? I dunno.
    High end = high maintenance.

I dug Duke, despite the negative feedback from what seemed to be the majority of the board. CC was a classic. Firefly looked cool, despite not really being the Firefly that I remember. This, on the other hand, just doesn't play at all for me. Maybe it's the coyote webbing, maybe it's the headsculpt, it's just not Flint for some reason.

The headsculpt looks like it's a cross between Dennis Quaid and DML Cody.
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

how come every time i order a SideShow figure i never get that sweet apple?

I ordered this guy, but am up in the air about the head sculpt. Sometimes i look at it and like it, other times i dont. Reminds me of John Spartan in Demolition Man.

I liked the Duke, but passed on him as i made a comparable figure for less than half the price using the 25th Anniversary 12" Duke. That figure has a sweet head sculpt IMO.

Hopefully we will see a slight change in the head sculpting on this guy. Maybe just thin out the face a bit? Less bubble in the cheeks? i dunno

Quote Originally Posted by HissCommander View Post
    how come every time i order a SideShow figure i never get that sweet apple?

I ordered this guy, but am up in the air about the head sculpt. Sometimes i look at it and like it, other times i dont. Reminds me of John Spartan in Demolition Man.

I liked the Duke, but passed on him as i made a comparable figure for less than half the price using the 25th Anniversary 12" Duke. That figure has a sweet head sculpt IMO.

Hopefully we will see a slight change in the head sculpting on this guy. Maybe just thin out the face a bit? Less bubble in the cheeks? i dunno
    I think you like and dislike the sculpt because you're probably looking at it at different angles. Anybody remember the Storm Shadow head sculpt (the one without the mask)? Whoever sculpted that one, obviously didn't work with a level, considering the eyes were doing a Shannen Doherty. You know, one eye way lower than the other? I think whoever got a hold of Flints Sculpt just tanked. It's kinda surprising, considering
    Duke looks pretty cool.

That face could be any angry merc., but its not Flint.

I also don't see Flint in the headsculpt. A big disappointment, as he is one of my favorite Joes:

i own this figure and i love it, i have always been partial to flint ever since iwas a child, and i was not disappointed in the least with any aspect of this figure... although i must say, an actuall cloth beret would have been sweet

his wings are on the wrong side. he does look pretty cool though

One of my favorites, although I have always been a fan of Flint.