One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

brick building and diorama's with logo's

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gwendydd34 
#1 ·
Hi I want to make a few diorama's and was wondering if someone has done something similiar and are willing to share info and pics if possible.

I want to make a brick wall but not sure how to make that scale.
also I want to do a mock cobra comand center but i want to weather the cobra logo to make it look like the base has been their for awhile.
Any idea's also does anyone know where you can find 1/6 scale doors and hinge's?

#3 ·
You can get model railroad sheets of brick. PLASTRUCT PLS91624 I would go for the concrete block as it will scale better than the brick sheets. You can paint to match brick. These are great due to the actual stone feel and look.
As far as weathering the logo. You can print it out on clear label. Lightly sand the surface to distress. You will
need to use really fine sandpaper or risk tearing the label.

#4 ·
What do you want the Cobra Logo to look like it's made of? If you wanted a simple painted logo on a brick wall... you could use stencils and an airbrush to create a distressed painted logo. If you don't have an airbrush, you can still get a similar affect with small rattle can paints.

You could make it look like the combination of these...

If you choose to use brick patterned styrene sheets you probably won't be able to get the same bullet damage as you would with foam. There is a nice tutorial on how to create brick walls using styrofoam sheets and a hot nail. Check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.