One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

EMTAS - If you like mortars, you're gonna love this....

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  47lincsled 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
The basic, effective mechanisms and tools that have been with man from early on, can find their place on even the newest technology.

Like you, I think a guy could have a pretty peaceful neighborhood with one of these in his yard. For the economical-minded, I believe the have an 81mm version (or maybe in the works).

Another neat thing about some of these pics, is that they look like "Casual Fridays" fire missions.

#5 ·
Another neat thing about some of these pics, is that they look like "Casual Fridays" fire missions.
I think the casual looking operators are probably contractors from the manufacturer that are there to test, operate and support anyone else that may be evaluating the system. It's very common to see contractors looking semi-military & casual (as they are usually prior service guys anyway) on a base and operating systems like this. I had contractors supporting my JLENS system in Iraq. I loved your "casual Friday fire mission" statement.

On another note...I hope the cable running from the system base is for data and not power (although I'm pretty sure it's a power cable)...the one advantage of a regular mortar over a techno-mortar is not needing electrical power.

#4 ·
VERY nice!

Network two or three of these together, maybe give them some form of semi-automatic reloading capability, and smaller units can have their very own on-call arty support.

I do like the aloha shirt the guy in the first shot is sportin'... adds a nice bit of Americana to the scene.

Good seeing some new tech being used in the eradication of vermin, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.