One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

FBI in Afghanistan Questions???

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cuckoomartins 
#1 ·
Hi all i have recently purchased the new soldier story FBI HRT, and i have read online that FBI are deployed to Afghanistan and want to do a bash. I was just wondering what type of work they do for background info/story, like are they attached to normal army units or special forces or do they act on there own. The only job role i can find that they do is embassy work. any help would be appreciated. thank you

john

#2 ·
I'd say your best bet is to Google keywords fbi in afghanistan, and fbi hrt in afghanistan, then check the same in images. There's some older official FBI presentations, and interesting pics. A lot of different, civil law enforcement personnel have had deployments in both Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as lesser-known depts of military branches. They bring their stateside experience to the effort overseas, and absorb experience which can come back with them.

#3 ·
They do not do unilateral operations. 99% of their work doesn't go beyond the FOB or outside the wire. Early in the conflict they would very rarely go into a very secured locations to do sensitive site exploitation. A lot of that expertise has been passed on to military units and the intel is brought to secure locations for further analysis.

They do mostly high level liaison work today at the embassy and there may be a couple at major HQ's. I doubt you'll see even one FBI agent at BDE level serving as a liaison.

They aren't doing any tactical work if that's what you are going for from an "authentic" or "realistic" perspective but hey it's a hobby and you can always write your own screenplay.

#4 ·
I just finished the book Operation Dark Heart, by a soldier in the DIA describing his ops in Afghanistan in the 2003-4 timeframe. His description of what his FBI liaisons were doing gels with what major.rod just described -- they were doing some investigation/intel behind the wire, and occasional forensic work on sites after strikes to find intel and identify remains and stuff.

The book isn't big on describing gear and there are no photos, but my impression was that the FBI guys were never in uniform because they weren't military. Neither was the author (for different reasons), who describes tactical pants and a polo shirt in briefings and even one memorable trip out to the field. I'd expect the FBI guys at the time to be wearing something similar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.