One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Special Forces DCU Modifications

27K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  drunkpunk 
#1 · (Edited)
SF DCU modifications were up to individual choice. They could be simply adding velcro for IFF flags or retro reflective tape. Or they could be like the example here. Which involved removing the bottom pockets and adding velcro to them and then reattaching them to the upper shoulder so that they were easier to reach when wearing body armor.

This shirt has no rank displayed. Oh and before anybody says it. YES SF did wear their US Army and Name tapes in the field.

Here are two pics to prove it.

The DCU on the left is unmodified except for the IFF velvro on the upper arms. Note the caps, Chicom AK Chest rigs and the operator on the right has standard Inteceptor Body armor.

IR IFF Flag and Blood group tape.

Blood group tape in Afghanistan.

Bling or Morale patches. Fun/Suck meter and Infidel in Arabic.

Fun meter. Note SF Spear Body armor.

Standard Army Reverse Flag and SOCOM Combat patch.

Retro reflective 1in square.

Retro reflective 1in square in Afghanistan. Note pocket and velcro differences and retro reflective 1 in squares on shirt and cap.

Further pocket and velcro differences. Note retro reflective tape, SF SPEAR body armor and standard MOLLE LBE with MS-2000 Strobe light.

See less See more
#2 ·
thx for the pics of your collection...i appreciate the reference and details you pointed out....my friend has the newer SF DCUs and they have velcro on the nametape area to sterilize the uniform if needed and the forward slant sleeve pockets with an additional square of velcro above the pocket for flags & other patches.

#3 ·
When I get a chance I'll do a post on Ranger DCU's. They all conform to one standard type and I believe that the modifications were contracted and possibly made as a new garment.

#4 ·
hqpham said:
thx for the pics of your collection...i appreciate the reference and details you pointed out....my friend has the newer SF DCUs and they have velcro on the nametape area to sterilize the uniform if needed and the forward slant sleeve pockets with an additional square of velcro above the pocket for flags & other patches.
No problem. Oh I forgot to mention, yes there were later types. They were offered (and still maybe) by www.specwargear.com . They had at one stage as many as 9 or so different versions, with different pockets and positions, collars (standard v/ racing), velcro positions for badges, IFF, rank and name tapes etc. They became quite popular. The US company Tru-spec was also offering a version too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.