One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Navy SEAL Sig Sauer 552?

19K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  saw249man 
#1 ·
When did airsofters become authorities regarding real firearms? I fail to find any credible online source regarding the Sig Sauer 552 ever being used by the US Navy SEALs or any other US Special Operations Forces. Is the Navy SEAL Sig Sauer 552 a confabulation of delusional people for the sake of airsoft fodder or is it really in the US SOF arsenal?

#5 ·
I have found that anything "Airsofters" find cool becomes CAG or DevGru automatically. They don't generally like to be told they're wrong and fall back on their "When I was there" days in their fantasy lives. I've heard so many stories of people in BLACK OPS hush hush units that never had a designation and thats where their knowledge comes from...its quite sad honestly.

#6 ·
Lol I played a game once an the battery in my M4 crapped out on me so I pulled my secondary and the ... hat next to me told me in the field a real soldier would never use his side arm........Uh WTF??? And yes I do play the odd game of airsoft here and there. But my information limited it may be comes from me being in the USAF.

#8 ·
Considering their primary sidearm I wouldn't be suprised if they looked into it. That's a big leap from being in the arsenal.

#11 ·
I must concur. If the P226 is being used, I'm pretty sure the 552 has had some field time.
It just isn't a popular platform for the operators.

Being into airsoft myself, I could understand why airsoft hobbyists would mistaken the 552 as a SEAL assault rifle. A company named Tokyo Marui released an AEG with the Sig Sauer 552 license and incorporated "SEALs" with the product; therefore became a misconception in the "airsoft world".

Here is a link showing the product. Pay attention to the box.
Forum de Psychos, dossiers d'airsoft en gros, demi gros et détail... :: [Tokyo Marui]Sig Sauer 552 Seals

#14 ·
There were some PSD guys who were assigned to CENTCOM who were non SOF members who were using Sig 552's and M-4's to protect certain high ranking officers in the early stages of OEF. Other than that I have not heard of any USSOF using any 552's on the battlefields of Iraq or Afghanistan.

#16 ·
Interesting enough until I was attached to a SEAL Team I didn't know they used Walther PPKs or the Sig P239s in high quantities. A number of guys were carrying 45ACPs, both 1911s and SIG220 that were personal purchase items. The internet would leave you to believe that the MP5 is a think of the past too. We had footlockers full of them, MP5A3s, SD, K, everything. Still getting a lot of use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.