One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Titan Fall Mech Build 2014

47K views 284 replies 38 participants last post by  yankee1919 
#1 ·
Hello All,

After a long discussion with my self in the mirror and great response from several forum member of OSW. I am opening a new build from Titanfall video game. This is purely non production and as a artistic expression(covered by the first amendments followed by the second :thumb).

This is solely a bunch of guys and gals(?) to show off there talent.
The figure (code Atlas) has to be in 1/6 scale (or close to/subject to artistic license)

Any an all materials, data, images, late nights and spouse support or not, will be use to build the figure.

Build can be create by self person, teams of 2 or more and from other countries.

Of course no negative bashing (unless you deserve it) only positive criticism to support the build.

I hope to have several individuals, (aheem flanela, sir flip flop :wink) to join in!

I would leave the time frame open for those who have busy schedules but want to build.

Good luck to all.:woohoo

Tony
Los Angeles.

it is now January 5th, 2014 pacific standard time!

See less See more
#5 ·
Hello All,

Yes it is an open competition, talent share but no prize (unless you want one? kotm?koty?).
I create the topic to see different collectors, builders and all around mad scientist to build a mech with different building styles.

I am glad you chimed in.

Tony
Los Angeles.

#8 ·
Yankee1919

Don't take this the wrong way but if you want this to be an open competition, you need to say so and set some guidelines, rules, a time frame and maybe a prize or two.

KOTM or any such is OSW owned and operated so it would have to be independent of that. or at least call something else.

Due to the nature of what you expect people to make, don't be surprised if you get no entries...due to the size and complexity of this type of vehicle, this would be beyond the average model builder/hobbyist. Those that could make one or would even attempt it have probably done so already.

I think you should rethink what you are asking or build one yourself and keep a running post of your build.

G
#9 · (Edited)
I think people are missing some of the humour in yankees posts. This is his build thread, but he is inviting other people to join in with their builds too if they want to take on the challenge. As far as his KOTM/KOTY mention is concerned, and I could be wrong, I think he might be meaning that might be your reason for starting a build like this.

#10 ·
I think people are missing some of the humour in yankees posts. This is his build thread, but he is inviting other people to join in with their builds too if they want to take on the challenge. As far as his KOTM/KOTY mention is concerened, and I could be wrong, I think he might be meaning that might be your reason for starting a build like this.
:agree But some progress pics would really help clear things up, for me at least.
I guess it's like when I was building my IM2 HAMMER Drone and asked others to make theirs too, sadly no one did, on the bright side I'm the only person I know of with a 1/6 IM2 Drone!:lol

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...-making-1-6-im2-drones-just-started-mine.html

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...0-im2-hammer-drone-wip-added-detail-pics.html

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...nished-iron-man-2-forgotten-decals-added.html

#12 ·
Oh! It's the bot/mech from the X-box one advert! Cool! I bypass all that measuring/planning stuff myself, just makes it more daunting; doing it by eye stops you procrastinating and is often faster but that's just me, I'm odd.:wink

#13 ·
Hello Crusader1xxx,

Thank you giving me the input and I take what you say in the most positive way in promoting OSW and all the forum members.

The build is open to all, there are no guidelines, there is no time frame (unless the builder has one),
there is no prize.

Thank you Shovelchop81 and The Beginner Collector for your interest on the topic.

Tony
Los Angeles.

pics coming soon.

#18 ·
I think you left the ".jpg" off at the end of the pic URL. It's partially hidden on the gallery page but double clicking it usually selects the whole thing.

Nice start, getting the scale you want down will help solve a lot of problems later.
I'd attempt one but I don't really like the designs. The troopers are neat though. Are you making the Ogre?

#19 ·
Hello Saiko,

Thanks so much, I was going crazy last light trying to figure that out!
Yes the principle design and shape is from the 1 to 1 scale poster, I used the ghost of the driver as the reference to evaluate the scale of the Atlas. *Photocopied and glue to foam board. Cut it out.
I made the entire body but could not fit it all in my back pack. Yes I ride a Vespa!

Awesome on the troopers, I keep thinking they have a Star Wars troopers look (visors) them.
I will have to make some examples to see if they clear the door/hatch way.

I will try first the Atlas and move onto the other Mechs Ogre/Stryker if I haven't lost my mind by then.

Thanks again.
Tony

#22 ·
That sounds great Flanela:bravo, I have been impressed with your builds and one things get slow, I am sure you can crank something out.

The Beginner Collector, I have an idea about putting a seat inside with all the "bling bling":wink, I will post some pics tonight.

Adios
Tony

#26 ·
He is some more,

What I know so far-
Height 48 in.
Wing span 51 in.
Weight -unknown.

The torso has a barrel shape.
It only has four fingers (yakuza:think)?
It has no neck, really not like Joey No Neck he football player:wink

It doesn't like lentils.

Tony
Los Angeles

#28 ·
That's pretty cool. The height feels right when you look at vids or the collector's edition statue.
Man, I wish the collector's wasn't 250, GG i'm out.

Good to see the hatch feels right, I have to cheat a little on my vehicle project, the hatches in 1/6 are too small/tight for a blocky figure to be pushed into easily since they can't 'wiggle' into the tight hatches like we can in real life.

G
#38 ·
Tony, as far as I can work out the underside looks to slant up under where the pilot sits. I put some lines on your photo to show you what I mean if you imagine your figure is facing forward.

There looks to be pistons between the base of the body to the pelvic area of the titan. If that looks right you could hide the ball joint you're making under the seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.