One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man

General News 
8K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  GillyDaKid 
#1 ·

Hot Toys reveals their latest 1:6th scale action figure: Spider-Man from the upcoming Marvel motion picture The Amazing Spider-Man. The film-accurate Spider-Man collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man/ Peter Parker in the movie, highlighting a newly developed head sculpt, highly detailed costume and accessories.

The 1:6th scale Spider-Man action figure - slated for release 4th Quarter 2012 - features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man/ Peter Parker in the movie
- Two (2) heads, including head sculpt of Peter Parker and Spider-Man
- TrueType body with 30 points of articulation

- Five (5) pairs of interchangeable palms with silvery cobweb pattern including:
. One (1) pair of relaxed palms
. One (1) pair of fists
. One (1) pair of palms for cobweb shooting
. One (1) pair of palms for cobweb swinging
. One (1) pair of palms for climbing

Costume :

- One (1) red- and blue-color Spider-Man suit embossed with black cobweb pattern with dark blue spider icon on chest
- One (1) pair of red-color boots embossed with black cobweb pattern

Accessories:

- Four (4) long narrow strips of cobweb including:
. Two (2) for imitating the flying scene
. Two (2) of cobweb shooting
- Figurine stand with Spider-Man nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:

- Head Sculpted by Im Jung Hyuk
- Head Painted by JC.Hong
- Head Art Directed by Kim Kyung Ah
- Costume Designed by Hai Lim

** Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval

CLICK HERE for more pictures.

See less See more
#7 ·
Top 5 worst HOT TOYS releases (recent) in no particular order...

1. Prince of Persia
2. Ironmen 2 Black Widow
3. Indiana Jones ROTLA
4. Batman Begins Exclusive (multiple quality issues)
5. Upcoming Amazing Spiderman???

Thoughts anyone?

Definitely using that headsculpt for Parker bash!!

#4 ·
I'm relieved, I thought perhaps it was just ME, or maybe having seen the EVEN more dismal MEDICOM version was the reason I was put off by this completely. I think a different body type would have served to compliment Spiderman's frame more accurately, plus the new costume design sucks (which Hot Toys Can't be blamed for)... I still preordered it though, I'm a Hugh Spidey fan.

#5 ·
It's not just you, and I am a huge Spidey fan as well. I have all of the Medicom RAH Spiderman comic character versions, plus both of the classic and black HT releases. Still, this was an easy pass for me. I hate the suit, reminds me of what Ben Riley would have been wearing rather than Peter Parker (for the true comic nerds out there). I considered getting one just to call it Spider Clone, but then it just looks so lousy in the pictures I couldn't justify even that for the price.

#6 ·
As much as I want the Spiderman 3 version because the costume is more iconic, I passed on it because I was afraid the glued webbing would peel off someday. I need atleast 1 Spidey in my collection so I'll PO this, anyway I'm not really bothered by the new costume and it has a Parker head...

#15 · (Edited)
Yeah, another victim, uh I mean customer!.... Like seeing your buddy getting married... You're happy for them but you know it's the start of something long, painful and will eventually leave him almost broke. No, but seriously I LOVE this hobby, and probably will for life. I have easily have over 700-750 figures (I'm scared to count) alone including several custom and one of a kind custom pieces that I gawk over everyday. I have no desire to stop, only question is where I'll find the room. The only advice I'd give to someone starting off is do it out of joy and artistry and you feel the same. Unfortunately, during this "golden age" of 1/6th the technology, variety and craftsmanship are being overshadowed by ever growing prices which alienate current hobbyists and deters new ones. Your ahead of the game for finding this site so early in your career, you'll find it quite informative. Enjoy. Welcome...

#23 ·
Blade is one Hot Toy I WISH I could find at a decent price! So far I'm a new Hot Toy collector and have STARS Wesker, Post Trans Krauser, Classic Predator, and Boromir Sideshow. Haven't got into super heroes because I'm not crazy about movie licensed looks, but pre-ordered Iron Patriot because it looked to damn sweet. But yeah, Blade is one I wish I had!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.